About View Mode

TangTom

how can i change the view mode ? such as from normal to PSI / Infared / Night Vision

what equipment i've to use ?

or i've to research first ? and research what equipment ?

or some psi can view in PSI mode ?

Thank for all help :phew:

Well everything is set to normal and Psionics can view in Psi mode also. But I don't really think there is much use in it. Even in normal view they still sense things through walls better than most humans and cyborgs. Though if the human or borg has a high enough Observation skill they will also sense movements. Again not sure there is any value in using Psi mode. I think it was a half baked idea which they never followed through on completely. I could be wrong.

As far as Night & Infra Vision Systems... I have just started to manufacture Detection devices. So I am not sure how they will effect the game-play.

I have the basic Doppler & Bio Scanners but they seem to be hit and miss at times. Almost as if there is a dice roll involved. Still enjoying the hell out of this game. Bugs and all.

I think he wants to activate the viewmodes and los, not use them. they are used automatically when you have a psionic/infra-vision sistem/infra implant/night vision sistem in your squad. You must first activate 'shaders' and make sure your machine supports them. You'll see that if you have one of the stated devices, you'll be able to view a list of view modes, and Los will also be activable.

Tangtom.

As Preda said,click the 'modes' tab which is near the LOS tab.I have found the infra-red mode to be a serious resource hog and grinds even MY pretty beefy system to a halt.The night mode actually speeds the game up as it doesnt have to draw as many textures on the surrounding scenery :phew: