Pyrogeddon / destroying the map

Millsy

Hi all, gotta say the usual stuff on my first post, played the first three 'proper' games in my youth, and keep going back to them from time to time - if the current pooter'll allow it.

Also I love the site, you've got pretty much everything covered, isn't NKF a good, all-knowing and worship-worthy fellow?

Yes.

I've read about a bit, and nobody seems to mention spending hours finishing the more flammable levels by incendiary action alone, surely I can't be the only one to enjoy watching apartments and slums go up in smoke? ;)

Tis a shame if Yellow Hat Lady and her family get caught under a collapsing ceiling, but there's always going to be the odd casualty when the city / world's being saved :(

On a similar note, did anyone ever collapse the big headquarters building (Extropians, maybe Technocrats - beginner level)? I seem to remember it having 5 or 6 thick concrete lined pillars around a large stairway that all crumbled after some persuasion, then being treated to seeing a decent sized squad of arthropods + other nasty things falling to an easy (if politically expensive) mess. Certainly looked good on a P500 back in the day ;)

Ah what fun!

Also there were the slums...

...and nobody seems to mention spending hours finishing the more flammable levels by incendiary action alone...

Hey,

I like your style. I usually have an Autocannon equipped with IN rounds, and a few Vortex Mines for foundations. Marsec chest piece also. Tis fun for destroy a Osiron warehouse by using only 6 IN rounds. Those wooden floorboards burn nicely! Corporate HQ with those big foundations can be a bit time consuming with a powersword, so i don't usually do it. Vortex Mines around nice explodey bits goes well.

Something you might wanna try. Use manual control of an Annihilator (?) armed with three beam weapons to flatten the Cityscape. Takes about an hour to destroy the whole Superhuman Diff. city. There is something strange about seeing an Overspawn running around and not destroying a single building. If you are gonna do it, just save often coz of a few bugs with AI cars path finding. Use different save spot as well, coz it can corrupt ye savegame.

Come to Xcom Wiki. You might find some more info about the Xcom series.

• 3 weeks later...