resources

infael

I have 0 alien resources (the green/white symbol on far right of resources) so am unable to build anything needing that resource. I've asked the cyborgs for that resource and gotten an unspecified number, and the resource still drains fast. I've no tracks and few buildings/manufactured items needing such.

Where can I find alien resources?

To mine them, find territories where such symbol resides and take over them.

You can also trade them, best to trade them with the psionics and just give them, if you want, whichever you have in excess or both of the other resorces.

There is a random element in the resources each province has - if you start a new game the resources and privince owners will be different.

However, some things are not random. London is always a Psionic territory and Glasgow always has an alien materials mine in order to support the psionic community in London.

Paris is always a Cyborg territory, so at least one of the French provinces will always have a high-technology resources mine.

Stuttguard is always a Human territory (at least until your first planetside mission), so Prague always has a low-technology resources mine.

• 2 weeks later...

In the early stages of the game, conquer the British Isles by any means necessary as they always have some alien resources. Build a library or preferably a school in London as that will increase the efficiency of your mines. Make sure you also control provinces containing low technology resources and high technology resources before you start connecting your bases.

Look out for any countries occupied by the Psionics as those countries are where most of the alien resources are localted. With luck they will invite you in, but the Psionics are the weakest faction in combat.

Asking a faction for resources is a useful stopgap measure, but you need to explore neighbouring territories to find more alien resources.

I'm beginning to have that probelm as at the moment I'm expanding rather raapidly trying to wipe the majority of the Cult off the map before the countdown ends, they're down to about 4 "Base" territories and 2 others, which I can't reach without taking their bases which, after the last "effort" on my behalf will need a little thought.

When i was only 6 bases or so I had well over +50 of every resource and was going fine....but now I have about 12 and have started going outwards the upkeep costs are hurting and Alien are the worst for it (obviously being the rarest).

The annoying fact is that I'm getting +450 p/h Cyborg resources, they are just EVERYWHERE!! Fortuately that keeps me trading well since I can easily afford to trade 10000 Cyborg for 5000 Alien every few days. (Alien is currently at -30-odd and Normal at +50 so overall I've got about 15000 of normal, 12000 alien and 50000 ;) Cyborg)

Found some Alien in far off Russia but I've got to take 3 Cultist Bases to get it

*PRIMES M60's and Barrets*

I'm gonna go hunt....

I'm beginning to have that probelm as at the moment I'm expanding rather raapidly trying to wipe the majority of the Cult off the map before the countdown ends, they're down to about 4 "Base" territories and 2 others, which I can't reach without taking their bases which, after the last "effort" on my behalf will need a little thought.

NO! Don't conquer all the cultist's bases, ESPECIALLY not before the Wargots arrive. It'll freeze your game, and progress will be ceased.

As for the resources, the main problem are tracks. Shut down those that you don't desperately need, and keep the only for BASE INTERCONNECTION. A province will give you resources without a track coming out of it, as long as you have the base of it's country.

NO! Don't conquer all the cultist's bases, ESPECIALLY not before the Wargots arrive. It'll freeze your game, and progress will be ceased.

As for the resources, the main problem are tracks. Shut down those that you don't desperately need, and keep the only for BASE INTERCONNECTION. A province will give you resources without a track coming out of it, as long as you have the base of it's country.

Don't worry, I knew about that. I've left the majority (3) of their bases intact. along with a couple of provinces, but I want to kick the crap outta them sooooo badly...especially after I lost a province to them (my first one) AFTER getting Anti-Cultist Propaganda