Why does the A.I. shut off?

Cleft_Asunder

Well, you gotta tell us more about the kind of behavior you're seeing. Is there a serious lack of AI response to your actions? Do they not respond at all? Are they really stupid? What kind of behavior have you seen?

At times, the AI works the way it should. It crouches, it moves, and it fires back. They work as a group. However, everything just goes DEAD after a point. I can be right on top of an enemy and the enemy wont do anyhting. They don't move or shoot, and they are less than zombies.

I'm thinking it has to do with any mod that changes the A.I. such as Diehard 1.1.

At times, the AI works the way it should. It crouches, it moves, and it fires back. They work as a group. However, everything just goes DEAD after a point. I can be right on top of an enemy and the enemy wont do anyhting. They don't move or shoot, and they are less than zombies.

I'm thinking it has to do with any mod that changes the A.I. such as Diehard 1.1.

Do you think that the inventory item size would cripple them in some way? Do the enemies even have an inventory? What about grenade range?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Confirmed. I just played the game with the "Items Resized" mod in, and it completely broke the AI. After taking the mod out and restarting the level, the AI was totally back to normal (and totally deadly, too, dammit!).

Play with the Items Resized mod at your own risk.