Longest Alien hunt?

Slotty

simple.. what is your worst experience in hunting the last alien..

myslef I was hunting a spitter 2 days ago.. hunted for him about 2 hours. entered every room ( slum area. the one that looks like a upside down "U". well. all my troops was covering most of the map..

when I was about to give up he actually fired on me.. from a window.. in the only room I could get to.. ( blown stair and no marsec armor ) well... fired some HE and flame rounds up there and about the time the whole room was aflame.. he died and the game ended... longest battle ever in my lifetime

That is why I love real time, and the fact the aliens are allowed to retreat.

In X-com2 I spent ages and ages trying to find the last alien on a base mission. Those maps were designed to piss you off.

Unfortuanately as I did the sweep I spread my guys out quite thin, and accidentily clicked the end turn button once too many. Then about 10 turns later I noticed I was down 2 guys. Then I shoot a zombie. I lose another guy to a pink brain, so there are two pink brains and 2 zombies running around.

At that point I grabbed the lobsterman commander and ran, not before losing another guy.

I hate those things.

That took ages, and to end in miserable almost defeat was horrid.

At least I got my commander, and blew the base, so I just left it at that

This is the reason I sacked TFTD (well, I quit playing UFO as well...), I was doing fairly ok, and then had a Lobsterman terror mission on a boat. I know I hunted the last one for over 100 turns, I don't know how much time, but more than an hour it must have been, and the worst is that I never got to find the bastard, I looked on every single hole, I was in the second part of the mission and there must have been only one left, never found him, I quit after that mission :D

I think one of the longest missions I've played in Apocalypse was a turn based mission.

I played a few rounds just fine. Then at one point uring the alien turn ... I waited. I waited. I jolly well waited some more.

A few hours later I'd gone off to watch some TV. When I came back I switched the computer off by the mains, willing to risk umbrage from scandisk. Was in pure dos mode, so no hope of alt-tabbing to abort the game.

I hate it when the computer gets into infinite loops like this. Happens all the time in JA2.

Hey, this was technically one of the longest failed missions I've ever played although it required very little input from myself. I can play a few hundred turns in UFO/TFTD easily (I wait lots), but that's thanks to the animation speed settings. Apocalypse doesn't have that.

- NKF

Wow azreal. I can't believe you killed all but one lobsterman in a terror mission.

If I play a terror mission, walk a guy out the sub and see a lobster man then I have two choices.

1) abort

2) wait till the guy gets back in the ship; then abort.

I bet your lobsterman was trapped in a box somewhere, or outside the boat.

I spent ages once.

I can't remember the map, I think it was a luxury flat. But It turned out the alien was in the swimming pool on the roof.

Sent my guys up there, but it wasn't just one. So one of my team got their brain sucked, killed another team mate before being shot. The other guy was wounded, and then reinforcements arrived and I killed the 5 or so aliens in the pool.

That was frustrating.

• 9 months later...
I once spend about 30 minutes looking for the last alien in Apoc. Turned out, that it was an anthropod who had fallen into a hole in the ground ;)

Yer that does my head in, also when you get aliens, particually hyperworms just sitting in toilets, parden the wording! an hour i spent on that once... grrrr

lets see longest time in a mission has to be apoc mission in i believe the mothership, maybe battle ship it was a while ago, i must have spent 2 hours or so looking for one damn alien, re check after re check of every damn area till i got fed up and started blowing parts of it up, only to find one damn skelitoid hiding by the purple goo type stuff in one of the small inlet areas, i lost a live megaspawn in that misson too it bugged me to no end ARGH just come out and die with honour