X-COM Field Manual 31-1

Spaceman42

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to give this its own thread, then realized it could go here instead. (Whoah, rhymes!)

I've noticed something kinda interesting about alien retaliation missions.

I've found that if you repeatedly shoot down the scouting craft before they can detect your base (or before they leave for orbit and tattle to their friends), they eventually come in with a battleship to scout. Of course, Plasma-beam Interceptors can't take these out, and I tend to leave them alone. These battleships, however, can't seem to detect a thing because they've flown directly over my base and not attacked, nor do any subsequent battleships attack (at least until the next 'operation.')

However, it seems smaller ships (such as the aptly named 'scout' series) have much better scanners. If you leave even one alone, the next ship they send always seems to be a battleship to attack your base.

(This is all with no mind shields built, by the way.)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

there's some really useful info in this thread. good job guys!

Since you're compiling all this info together, I figured you might get some use out of this X-Com Field Officer Equipment Manual that I put together out of various sources.

https://dervish.tastyspleen.net/files/XCOM_EM.pdf

It has full color item/armor/hwp/craft pics ripped from the game, and a page of description/strategy and stats for each.

I've got the original laying on my HD in MSword .doc format, if anyone wants to add anything or take parts out for other stuff..

(:

rock on guys.

Lovely whirlingdervish! (: I've approved your upload, and it's available here. I added the file to our files section however, as I don't like linking off-site. Just post in this thread if you update it, and I'll update the download.

Is it supposed to say "Foreward"? I would think it should be "Foreword" (: Also, how about the stuff posted for the manual here?

All I can say is bravo. Apart from one or two typos, it's good. If I remember correctly, there's an errent "an" where it should be an "as" somewhere around there.

Only change I would've made would've been to use a typewriter font like Courier, but that's just a cosmetic issue at best!

- NKF