HMS Invincible is being decomissioned

Not so. Plane systems are hydraulics, in case of system failure you can still fly with them. It's just that the shock of losing electronics will usually put people in a panic. Fly-by-wire is very dependant on computers. It's like driving an automatic, after a while you forget how to use a stick.

Just out of interest, how do you protect against EMP attacks. I was under the impression that electronic attacks would be difficult to stop. I recall that in WW2 Allied ships had a system stop magnetic mines clinging to hulls, I think it was called a De-guassing ring. Does the anti EMP system work the same way?

Anyone know?

Two basic methods. Using a shield or changing the design so it resists the EMP. Pulse-resistant fibre optics, or wrapping the electronics in conductive mesh, that sort of thing. Groundburst EMP have short range, but are very powerful. Airburst are nowhere near as strong, but cover a much bigger area.

Two basic methods. Using a shield or changing the design so it resists the EMP.

And most aircraft electronics do both... hence the cost of the things.

NASA did something similar for the Mars Rovers because the Solar Wind is just like a continuous EMP.

Same goes for anything sent into space that's due to fly anywhere higher than low Earth orbit.