Blow up UFO wall?

PzSniper

I don't remember how, but yrs ago i've used a flying suit to go on top of a ufo and a weapon to enter to the top floor.

Unfortunately i use the collector edition now and it seem i cannot do it anymore.

Anyone can help me?

Which weapons are effectives?

Explosive? Alien Grenade?

Thank you very much.

PS:

This is my 1st post, thank you very much for this useful forum! I'm so happy to play that game again on XP :)

Actually, it's the only weapon you can use to blow open the hull, short of editing the weapon damage stats. The USOs in TFTD have much weaker hulls in comparison.

One exception: When playing in the mountain maps, you can blast open the corners of a UFO hull with high explosives.

In the collectors edition, if you have trouble getting the blaster bombs to fly down and hit the roof of a UFO, try flying them at an angle. They won't work if you try to move them up or down vertically on the same tile.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...

In the collectors edition you can destroy the roofs of UFOs with the Heavy Plasma. Fly a guy up there with the flying suit and keep firing at a specific tile for a few rounds. Eventually one of the blasts will get through, and you'll have yourself a hole. Roof tiles are significantly weaker than wall tiles.

From there just drop a grenade in or float down or whatever. Peece