New editor for X-COM Collectors Edition

Slaughter

• 2 weeks later...

would it be possible for the editor to 'update' any select saved game's facil.dat file to reflect price changes made to the .exe in a future version?

as it stands, changes to facility costs only affect future new games.

(was funky manually transcribing a newly generated facil.dat's prices to an old one in a hex editor)

1 quarter the build time, but 4 times the price and maintanence :blush:

lol, this is what happens when the DSL cuts out and when i find a way to fix my own 'problem'

NKF pops in.

btw NKF, i tried that between my initial post your reply and the first thing that happened was all the new researched facilities were unavailable.

a person needs to manually go into the files copy the values that correspond with prices, and ignore the keys that lock/unlock the facility.

gotta love hatfarm's documentation of those files on his site

• 2 years later...
Guest Aldorn

What a wonderfull job

Thank you very much for this editor

We would be able to change armour would be very fun

But you made an amazing job and I enjoy replaying this great game after having made some modifications

Thanks a lot for your job

Guest Aldorn

I'm sorry, I should have perhaps explained why I asked for armour modifications...

I like this game but it is too easy ever in superhuman.

I followed some rules like 'use no tank', 'use only lazer weapons', 'do not have right to construct more than one base and more than one livingquarter in my unique base', and so on...

Then I used your editor to change aliens and weapons values, but now it is too hard...

My ideas to enhance the game in terms of difficulties

1. be able to change every prices to make contruct then sell not a way to gain gold, lower prices for aliens artefacts, ...so to make the global game management more difficult

2. make soldiers able to be blowned around three times by light weapons before been killed, two times when hit by strong weapons, and at least once for the most powerfull weapons like blaster

3. then change aliens capacities and values to be stronger than my soldiers... but no problems for that

4. for soldiers advancement, lower to 1 point max the enhancement for abilities after any battle, to slower soldiers progressions.

For the 1., 2. and 4. I've no solutions

For 2., as it is not possible for soldiers to have more than 60 HP, I have to lower the power of every weapons

I do not want for soldiers to be invicible when wearing an armour and to be less than worms when not...

As it is not possible to reduce soldier's armours values neither change weapon's power for tank, that means follow 2 rules : do not use tanks neither armours...

That is not very fun

Ideally, personnal armour with 10 and big armour with 20 would be very nice, Blaster could be 25

Then the unique problem would be it would be not possible anymore to shoot doors or walls...

That's diificult to find a good solution...

BUT YOUR EDITOR IS VERY FUN AND VERY USEFULL, THANK'S A LOT FOR THIS