Nice Theme, Plz help?

thestarofdeath

Okay, for the rounded edges, I used the rounded rectangle tool in Adobe Photoshop CS.

For the menu rollovers, it's pure CSS. What I did was created the menu as a background image, so all the options are on the one image. I then put it in the background. Then I used

@FullAuto: I know a good deal of PHP and MySQL, but I suck at design. I also have little knowledge of ocPortal, so Pete's done everything there. All I've done with this site is add a lot of downloads, and quite a few pages using the admin part of ocPortal.

@thestarofdeath: If you need some good DHTML, CSS, PHP and so on tutorials as well, I'd recommend W3 Schools.

Erm, it's got ntohign to do with table borders. If you inspect the code, I used a CSS class called "mstrip" to set the background image for the table cell.

Then I placed spacer.gif images in the cell to the appropriate width and height of the menu items and gave these spacer images the link value to the appropriate page. I then made a DIV around each spacer image so that when someone hovers over the link, the blue bar image loads in the div's background. Since the div is only as wide as the spacer image that's sitting over the menu item, the horizontally-repeated blue bar is only as wide as the div and spacer image.

It's quite difficult to explain, so if you didn't understand it from that, then I'd suggest simply looking up a few tutorials on rollover buttons as that's the easy way of doing it :) I only did it this way to save about an extra 15kb of graphics being loaded which is almost not worth the effort when most people are on Broadband ;)