Is it possible???

Kevs77

Is there any way possible to mod SS so that weapon familiarity does not vanish if you switch between guns or even if you put the weapon in your backpack? This would be great, it seems illogical to "learn" or become familiar with a weapon only to forget everything the moment it falls on the ground or goes into the backpack. Someone please fix this. Thanks.

Sorry no one was able to answer your question. it's probably possible, but may need a bit of knowledge of the scripting language used.

Although the modding tool provided is very comprehensive, it is in some ways too good. In that it has a lot of functionality that is not apparent to the casual observer, and hence it's a bit hard to tell exactly 'what' we can do.

I may have to reprimand myself for going off topic...

This forum.... hasn't done too badly considering it's not the official one, and myself, as the admin have been so busy with work and real life that I have basically had to abandon it for a long while.

The Game .... I think there are some issues with marketting. Encore & JoWood really don't seem to be able to give a game the push it needs these days. Site traffic when the game was released in Europe was very healthy, but the US release, delayed for so long, was a real fizzle. And as far as I know, the game still hasn't made it officially to Australia!

Modding ... This is a tough one. Nival have given us a tool to rival that of any game. But it's TOO much. For most people, having to install an SQL database, and only being able to model in MAYA makes anything more than a casual look too hard. The game was released with developer tools, to get a moddign community it needed to be released with a simplified editor, with the option of digging deeper for those teams that could. Instead, people are scared off before they can grasp the possibilities.

OK ... rant over.... feel free to follow my lead, I'll close the topic if it gets too nutty though. :(

I agree with you Biggles, I work with a SQL server at work, and after 3 hours of trying, I found it too diffacult to get the Mod editor to work. So I gave up. Hopfully on the next S2 game, they'll make it easier to Mod.

• 3 weeks later...

I am just curious as to what Biggles does in R/L(Real Life). As for the forums...I can't say. In my case I try not to buy a new game until I read a few reviews. Which can add 3 months to my purchase and even then last thing I want to do when I get home from working on computers all day is fight with my PC to install a new "Copy Protected" piece of software. So when it had a conflict with my system that added more delay to getting to play the game.

Great Game, bad copy proctection software on the U.S. release.

How true GotTank, the copy proctection on SS2 is annoying. Sometimes I have to load the game 2 or 3 times before it finally reconizes the disc and starts running. I read the reviews of the game before buying but next I'll wait and read the forum before buying the next game.. (SS3). It's a great game with a good concept somewhat ruined by bugs that could have been corrected by some play testing, (or by anyone with an A.S. degree in programing :? )