Getting all the mission gear with me back to base...?

Static

Hi guys !

This is my first post here and I have been looking a way to get ALL the stuff back to base from a game mission. I know about the respawning/restocking and all, but I think it would be great to have an option to salvage all the gear I find from a mission. Then I could fully enjoy the joy of looting :lol:

Maybe this kind of perfectionistic thinking is sick but this really bugs me :cry:

So I was wandering can this be done somehow without modding ? If not, does the mod exist to enable this kind of option somehow ?

Unfortunately I don't have a slightest idea how to use the editor or the scripting language and I was wondering could someone make this kind of mod if it isn't too hard ?

Or at least give some pointers how this could be archieved.....

Every tip would be great and thanks in advance :(

Greets from Finland :lol:

you mean carry back more than what your party can take? hm I havent had need since ammo is so plentiful but maybe you could switch clips in editor. like change everything to pistol 1 box size clips. Maybe a Next button could be added for another inv page, using menu templates? that would take alot trial an error though.

I know about the respawning/restocking and all, but I think it would be great to have an option to salvage all the gear I find from a mission. Then I could fully enjoy the joy of looting  :lol:

I thought I replied to this, but I guess I was in the middle of it and didn't actually finish my thought...

I think that half the point of looting is actually finding the stuff, and since a fair amount of it is locked and hidden from you when the mission starts, it would be tough to let the game just give you everything without sorting out what you haven't actually discovered. I'm pretty sure that such functionality was not built into the engine in any way.

The beginning of the game does have a very sparse amount of equipment in the armory, but that's also very misleading. I think just about everyone has gone through the beginning of the game wondering whether they'll actually run out of something, and I haven't yet. Trust me, you will reach a point where you have looted enough stuff to have a vast array to choose from, and even then you'll occasionally find something new that you want one of your units to try on for size. Just keep at it and keep busting open those chests and cabinets.

• 1 month later...
What I have run out of at base is the consumables like lockpicks and bandages, especially while raising the skills to be able to use the higher level items that have showed up at base. I find that I don't go home that often anymore. I restock the ammo in the field and run back to "that" random mission with lots of medical supplies. Engineering tools were less of a problem with Master Engineering Perk. Base only issues me 1 of many rare items, 1923 Thompson being one. If I want more Thompson's I have to go to the field... Love my STG but never enough ammo...

"getitem" is a great console command. I was kind of frustrated by 1) never developing any familarity with any one weapon due to constant upgrading. 2) if your squad is really made up of elite commandos sent out on top secret missions, why aren't the best weapons made available to them? I don't normally use cheats but I've made an exception in this case. Directions for using the console feature are detailed on this site along with the various commands.