Can't stop bleeding

Huwie

Hello all, first post etc... How is everyone today? :)

Let me get straight to business - I cannot stop my teammates bleeding. I get my medic to use haemostatic powder or whatever on people who have bleeding conditions, and the item disappears but the bleeding condition doesn't. I've never once successfully cured bleeding. I did search the forum for this question but couldn't find one, so apologies if it's already been asked. What can I do?

Thanks very much in advance.

By the way, I've tried using other things that cure critical conditions but they don't help either, neither do the things like surgical plasters.

• 3 weeks later...

The powder works fine for me. It stops the bleeding beginning the next round (it isn't instant). Bandages are used to regain VP's and begin immediately.

I don't have a Medic on my team and it seems that each character can only bandages each other character once during combat. IE Squaddie 1 can only bandage Squaddie 2 once. If Squaddie 2 requires bandaging again, Squaddie 3 will have to do it. Maybe this also happens with powder and other medical items.

My Medic seems to be able to stop all bleeding so far. His Medical skill is in the 40's and he has choosen the "Little Blood" Special Ability. Everyone on carries the basic Haemostatic Power and Plaster. Most of the grunts fail to stop their own or others bleeding(skills 25 or under atm). The Medic carries Heamostatic Powder, Fast Heamostatic Powder, Heamostatic Liquid. I suspect that Crits have a difficulty that require a higher medical skill and perhaps item to cure. Good Luck

• 1 month later...

It could be because of the easy rating I was playing but I found straight up bandaging using the med items are good enough.

The bleeding stops once the bandaging is complete.

Taking off critical status will depend on the med item you are using and the skill of the person doing the healing and the difficulty of the status. Obviously a medic using a bullet extractor will heal your critical plus HP's a lot more effectively than your soldier wielding bandages.

Some critical status can't be healed during battle (at higher difficulty so I have been told) and have to be treated at home base.

• 6 months later...

Feels odd replying to a post over 6 months old but anyway. Since I've recently started the game I'll give my opinion on this.

The haemostatic powder doesn't remove the bleeding condition but rather takes care up to some degree of it's effects. Basically, it's a quick remedy until proper medical care is applyed.

I've been in a situation where one of my best men was losing 8VP's per turn due to two bleeding conditions.

Whilst my medic wasn't able to stop the bleeding, she was able to patch him up enough whilst my other squad members defeated the Panzerklein's - sheerly through luck at that point as I was down to grenades, rifles and SMG's :o

I'll bet if I had it on hard setting the bleeder would have dies straight away, and with PK's the rest wouldn't have been far behind!

• 4 years later...

Geez, I've been playing this game for months now and first realized today that my hero can heal her own wounds if she has enough medical skill and a medical item such as the adhesive surgical plaster. Gotta remember this... it's very important. :P

- Zombie