Questions about the game.

legba

Hi all. I have a few questions about this game that I hope someone can clear up for me.

What is the highest level your characters can reach in this game ?

Does having a higher skill mean more damage ? (Like bigger explosions from an engineer throwing a grenade ?)

How high can you raise your skills ?

If anyone can answer these questions I would be thankful.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm afraid the only question I can answer is the one about skill and damage. Having higher-level people will mean their shooting, burst, snipe skills etc will be higher. This will translate to more accurate shooting and probably greater damage, yes. For example, when I started playing my sniper was barely different from a soldier, but today she managed to do 117 points of damage in a single shot (whereas the other guys do less than half of that with their own rifles).

What is the highest level your characters can reach in this game ?

I don't think there's a level cap(I've used the console to test them up to lvl 100), but when I beat the game I was around lvl 17.

How high can you raise your skills ?

Again, I don't think there is an upper limit, but by the end of the game I'd expect the skills your charecters specializes in to be around 100(depends how much your 'train' them, how many rand encounters you do, etc).

Does having a higher skill mean more damage ? (Like bigger explosions from an engineer throwing a grenade ?)

The engineer grenades(Dynamite, TNT, etc) damage is determined mostly by the (Engineering) level of the person who used it, IE a Level 15 engineer with an Eng skill of 150 will do a LOT more damage with a stick of dynamite then, say, a lvl 3/40 engineer with a Lyddite charge)

• 1 month later...

I think there must be an upper limit on character levels in the game. In several places it says "No character can have all of the special abilities", so I'm guessing that unmodified play won't let you go past lvl 25 or so. Not sure yet, though, as I finished the Allied campaign with no one over lvl 6, and I've only got my squaddies to around 8 or 9 on the Axis campaign so far (only three main missions so far though).

Anyone levelled up past 20 or 25 in normal play?