Mr. Biggles :) please?

Wicky

Hellu Biggles,

could I ask your opinion please? What do you think about Nival making changes to the skill system in the addon?

I kinda figured I might ask for your help in putting some soft pressure on Nival to work out those problematic skills like hiding in plain sight. It's been often talked about, but I haven't read much about Nival's response, and their plans about this so I'm a bit worried.

For example, the other day I had my spot skill raised from 30 to 100 points in under five minutes, just by standing outside a building and listening to the enemies' steps.

Or in melee combat, and knife throwing, once my skill became very high it just cost 0 AP to attack an enemy, allowing unlimited repetitions.

Or that the APs increase just when you run from one end of the map to the other, no matter if enemies near or not.

Or a very high level scout bursting over 46 squares with a silenced beretta(26 range!) - constantly sweeping two enemies away every round, with the precision of a swiss clock - not cheated, just soloing on imp.difficulty :P

This "bigger better faster" skill-system reminds me more of diablo2 than of a true strategical game.

And then when I read Nival doing polls in their Sentinel Forum, on topics if there should be Panzerkleins; how to design the ending mission; and how the voice-overs should be, I get the impression something is going into the wrong direction here, shouldn't the better question be about more strategical depth? But my voice is too small to be heard in the large pool of customers. But you surely have some influence as admin of the biggest (and best! :) ) fansite, maybe I could ask of you to play with your muscles a bit to try that these issues get a little bit of notice? Because I have posted these problems already twice on Nival's Forums, once without any response at all, and the other time I got a lonely single answer in a week's time (agreeing with me btw). ;(

Best regards,

Wicky

Hi,

I do agree with you to an exent, the skills certainly could do with soem limits on how much they are able to increase simply from use. At the same time, I do like this sort of ability, and beleive that you are only hurting yourself by exploting it.

I have played the game through twice, and not had any 'Uber' soldiers, simply because I just played the game. I tend to do one random mission in between each major mission, and I don't spend time just practising skills, so for me they game's system works very well.

Anyway, I'll be away for a few days, but when i get back if I'll put my two cents in on any topic I find in the Sentinals forum.

I'm really in a lonely position here defending my opinion on the Nival forums. Even the gamers don't want to hear what I say, they call it dumb when one tries to increase abilities/skills, and they insist that Nival shouldn't do anything and rather have everyone play with self-imposed rules, while on the other hand they don't even know themselves, where the boarder between using self-imposed rules and using overpowered skills/weapons is.

If you still want to help me better not reply to any of my threads as that would probably push you into the same lost postion like me :) Oh well.