Getting new weapons/items from mission?

jasal

Dos and don'ts of looting:

Do: Pick up enemy ammo of calibers your team doesn't use, if you use these weapons often, I.E., Mauser ammo if Allied, etc.

Do: Pick up explosives, engineering and medical supplies, and other misc items. These don't seem to replenish themselves in the base, so loot as much of these as you can get.

Do: Convert clips to their most space-efficient config: You can pack 6 Mauser clips into a single ZB30 magazine. If you don't use a ZB30, you should carry one, just so you can hoard all the Mauser clips. Best space-savers I've found are converting 7.62x53 USSR to DP drums(47@2x2) (or Panzerklein ammo, but this can't be done by an infantryman or until much later), 7.92 Mauser to ZB30 mags(30@1x1), 7.62x39 to RPD (100@2x2), Garand to Browning (20@1x1), etc. If you carry around the correct "converter" gun, even if you never actually fire it, you'll find you can save a lot of return space when retrieving enemy ammo: You can only use as much enemy ammo as you steal, it is not unlimited in base.

Don't: Pick up an excessive number of rifles. You definitely do not need more than about 20 of each rifle type. Remember, you don't actually get cash for weapons, so there's no point in it. Just strip them of their ammo and pile them in the corner.

Don't: pick up all those 9mm magazines. Regardless of which side you're playing, there's going to be 9mm ammo available for you in unlimited quantity at your base.

Don't: Burn before you pillage. Always pillage before you burn.

When you can, grab the MG34 Belts for any Mauser rifle users. (Say, that sniper with the 98k scoped and silenced. <G>) 4 spaces in inventory, 50 rounds...

Thats a waste of space!

Like said before you should use the ZB30 to convert the ammo.

The magazines only need one space in inventory to hold 30 rounds.

This will be 120 rounds on 4 spaces compared to a 50 rounds magazine of the MG34 and one slot items will better fit your inventory. :shock:

The ZB30 gun holds my sniper in his second(nearly useless) hand. :wink:

My tactics is to convert all the ammo after killing the last enemy.

Then I will collect it on the ground to give my soldiers all Items(weapons,medical,grenades....) I want to keep.

Then I will fit all empty spaces with ammo I cant get from my base.

After doing this I will use up all ammo left on the ground to train my shooting skill before I leave the mission. :P

Weapons I will only collect 6 of every kind because you can only take 6 men for mission and too much items collected in base will kill my CPU. :roll: