custom face creation

Garic

bah im just not good at it then... all the eyes are really squinty... and man .. the gender slider is messed.. its either girl, woman or old man...

can u take a screen of a good combinations for a generic male face?

and can i add hats and stuff once i have made the face?

First of all hello to everybody.

The custom face creator is a little difficult to manage at the beginning. The main problem that i noticed is that it's less difficult to create a new decent face, without a model in mind, then trying to re-create a real model (your own face for example). The gender slide looks messed i must agree, but if you set all the other parameters before and just give 3-4-5 clicks on the gender bar as last setting, it somehow works.

Helmets: if you choose a uniform with a helmet, it keeps the helmet on your custom face, but i noticed a thing (sorry if this is an already known thing): if you want a male helmeted uniform but you don't want the helmet, if you choose female hair (let's say just the 3-4 skinhead-like cuts :P ) without moving the male hair slide before, your game face will be without helmet.

I would have preferred the possibility to modify already existant faces, but after a couple of days of tries i managed to have some decent results.

Oh, i wasn't complaining about that: actually as i'm blondish and with skinhead-like hair, i'm ok with the female haircut 1-2-3 (from right to left of fem hair slide). And i like the possibility of use some uniforms without helmet.

Thanx for the technical explanation.

If the face and helmet thing bothers you, you could change them with the editor. If you look at the premade complex heads, most of them dont seem to have the weird eye problem. You could simply have the head that goes with the default hero selections point to a face you like. On top of that you could change the uniform, outfit, helmet etc.

I dont know if you've seen the screenshot link I put up in the modding forum but theres a picture of the female Russian sniper who I changed the head, hair, uniform outfit, and helmet. It takes a little time to get the hang of it but its really not all the difficult.

Heres a link

https://www.geocities.com/ssm1911a1/Mod.html