Allies mission - Dr. Compton

ShadowHunter

In that mission you're suppose to defend the building, kill the guy carrying Dr. Compton's body, pick up his body, and kill everyone else. Has anyone managed to complete carrying his body's objective? The guy carrying him dropped him downstairs and went upstairs, and after I killed him, the body was gone. When I finished killing everyone he appears and talks with me, completing the other objective about protecting him or something, but the objective for carrying his body is crossed out.

Edit by Zombie: I'm closing this topic as we have another one discussing this already here.

Just completed that mission. Never saw any German carrying his body. Objectives had - Meet with him - but never saw him (Probably because I charged straight to the basement and killed all Germans that was walking up the stairs, but still, no one was carrying any body). After killing every enemy, the Doctor appears and talks, but under objectives, the "Kill the enemy carrying Doctor and Pick up Doctor's body" objectives were crossed. Bug, perhaps?

• 2 months later...
Maybe the US version of the game is more patched up then either the English/German version. This mission ran fine for me, and it was perhaps one of the best mission in the game. Toward the end, a german soldier came up from the basement carrying Dr. Compton. I killed the German, and Dr. Compton fell to the ground where I picked him up and extract him out of the mission area to complete the mission.

This definitely happens in the US version too.

The professor's body was in the basement, but the naughty Nazis had shot out the stairs so it was impossible to satisfy that victory condition - you can't carry a body out a hole in the floor.

I was worried, but proceeded to clean out the enemies, thinking that at worst I'd have some idea what to do on replaying the mission.

I was astonished when the dead man suddenly rose to life, my whole squad teleported to the front door, and we talked.

There's definitely some scripting problem there. Of course, unless you know to make a beeline for the professor there's no chance in heck of saving him, so it's just as well things didn't work right.

Or maybe the doctor was only playing dead, and if I'd succeeded in carrying him out he would have had the same conversation with me. Yeah, that's it, call me apologia man!

Yeah I just got done with that mission as well, same bug.

BTW to the guy who killed those reinforcements, those were allied reinforcements ya know, hehe. (the one the 2nd lt calls for at the beggining of the fight)

Just for everyones amusement...

Divx Video of my best nade throw on this map.

Windows Media 9 Video of my best nade throw on this map.

Hi, i just finished this mission after some difficulties.

First: i blown out the fuel tanks in the cellar and couldnt carry the body out. And second there was no body. Because if you give the german soldier not-fatal shot and hide for cover he will die and will drop Dr.Comptons body which will dissapear. So you must be there when the soldier dies and see it with own eyes. Then you dont need to carry him out. Just pick him up with one of your soldier (medic) and go out with the others and eliminate all enemies.

All mission objectives completed and they lived happily ever after :)