Silent Storm arrived in Austria/Germany today!

Wicky

Hello!

Luv your website, keep up the good work!

I just wanted to ask you a quick question since you have a lot more contact with other S2 gamers than me:

Have you found any way to make the game automatically enter turn-based mode when you spot an enemy? I keep dying a lot because I often can't press "enter" quick enough when somebody approaches, or when I'm commandeering some soldiers in another part of the map. And checking the option "always stay in turn-based" is very cumbersome on the really large maps.

Greetings from Austria ! :(

Wicky

PS: Tried to ask this via PM, but an error ocurred everytime I hit the send button :(

I got your PM, the error happens to me as well occasionally. The message actually goes through, but it's annoying I know.

For other peoples benefit....

No, you can't have the game change modes on sighting. I play TB all the time.

But...

I think we should ask the developers if a patch to give the OPTYION of choosing PAUSE on sighting. Which would be great, it would mean you didn't have to switch modes if you didn't want to, but at the same timethe computer wouldn't get an unfair advantage .

(.../...)

I think we should ask the developers if a patch to give the OPTYION of choosing PAUSE on sighting. Which would be great, it would mean you didn't have to switch modes if you didn't want to, but at the same timethe computer wouldn't get an unfair advantage .

I guess this is the lone thing UFO:AM does better than S2 : interrupt options.

Come on guys, are you really so scared of the AI that you want the game to stop dead as soon as you see one?

I have no problem with the demo not going turn based until they or I want to initiate combat. I couldn't handle the boredom of sneaking up on the bad guy in turn based.

Sure I know what options means, but I think this is a little wussy to be perfectly honest.

As for "UFO:Honestly we just mentiond X-Com once, it really not a sequel"

The demo has driven me to distraction with constant pausing. It's like having a squad of lobotomised automotons. I guess the pause triggers can be selected, but I haven't bothered to find out how.

I agree totally about the cobnstant pausing in AM, I hate it and gave up on the demo after the training misison.

I also wouldn't want S2 pausing whenver I saw an enemy if i was trying to accomplish something and knew I wasn't going to start a fight, but as it stand I play the game TB all the time because I don't want to have to worry about the time I take to make decisions.

If the game had a pause on sighting option I'd probably play real-time and toggle that option on and off depending on what i was doing.

Anyway, it's a moot point i guess, the game is out, the codes finished and if want to do things differently guess that's what modding is all about.

Sometimes I really wished that I'd been the lucky one standing with a machinge gun 2 meter behind a door and shoot every of the men entering it ... mostly it's my men opening the door and get shot immedeatly by the fukkin' freak behind it :(

I think it's some kind of " Shock-reaction-time " my guy needs to shoot

I agree totally about the cobnstant pausing in AM, I hate it and gave up on the demo after the training misison.

I also wouldn't want S2 pausing whenver I saw an enemy if i was trying to accomplish something and knew I wasn't going to start a fight, but as it stand I play the game TB all the time because I don't want to have to worry about the time I take to make decisions.

If the game had a pause on sighting option I'd probably play real-time and toggle that option on and off depending on what i was doing.

Anyway, it's a moot point i guess, the game is out, the codes finished and if want to do things differently  guess that's what modding is all about.

I would really dislike an auto-TB thingmagig. The way I play the game is very strategic, with a lot of ambushes, and an auto-TB would really jumble up my playing style. I like to see the enemy walk casually into my trap or see where they are going as they go there.

If i need time to think, I just press pause. I dont think thats cheap, its just like pressing the TB button.

Sometimes I really wished that I'd been the lucky one standing with a machinge gun 2 meter behind a door and shoot every of the men entering it ... mostly it's my men opening the door and get shot immedeatly by the fukkin' freak behind it :(

I think it's some kind of " Shock-reaction-time " my guy needs to shoot

As your men gain experience, and your soldier's interrupt skills go up, the game will actually interrupt the enemies turn before they even go. So in this situation, the enemy will be the one to initiate the TB, but you will get the first turn.

This has happened to me already a few times in the demo, and I think it is a system that works very well. Going into TB anytime you see a distant enemy would be really irritating.

Oh Gari :(

Dearest of all my Friends *gg*

I thought that the Interruption Skill is just for Interrupting the Enemy if you still got some AP and he is revealing himself for a time.

But with my test I found out that the skill is good for preventing the interruption by your enemies also !

And that's what I tested.