Readme for the combo-Mod

Aralez

Kret is right, one should add some research to it, like with those Lurkerguns.

Ahem, Aralez, the LurkerGun actually requires that a person research the Lasers before our soldiers can use the LurkerGun, at least in RB6.8 it was that way.

While playing through the game, I had LurkerGuns in my possession, but I couldn't use them, so I accelerated laser research in order to get them into the field.

Now . . .

The BFG4500 was a completely different story. If you could down an alien with one of those, there was no associated research restriction. You could just pick up the BFG4500 weapons immediately and go, fire and forget, so forth. It's the BFG's that need some sort of prerequisite research worked into the research tree.

If you captured a BFG4500 during a mission and picked it up and started using it, and if at the end of the mission it was in your hands or in your backpack, it would then generate a %d in the capture list. Any new Rebalance weapons that you pick up and use off the dead aliens generate %d's in the capture list. If you don't want %d's in the capture list then don't pick up any of the Rebalance weapons that the aliens drop when they die. Just leave them lying there, and then there will be no %d's in the capture list and of course you can mount them from the inventory onto your soldiers when you get back to base for the next mission. Yet another subtle bug in Aftermath.

Lurker that's exactly what i meant: The BFG needs some research required. Like the one the Lurkerguns already have. I think one should give them the "warpesearch needed" attribute.

I wasn't very careful when writing the quoted sentence, forgive me :)

The %d in the capture list is a minor cosmetical problem imo. As long as it doesn't appear in the storage ! :)

Btw, Lurker, what do you think of the new damage values BlackAlmaz changed for the different munitions?

if you dont like it i van always change it..but i prefure...to give guns ranges difrance.....cause a m4 with a 5.62 bulet..should not be able to out range a ak....that has a world renoned first shot....what it pipoint accurit..but the rest is questinable

i will change the mag list..as soon as the ak 103 model is amde..and i will send you the files

i'll make the ak burst...weaker, less accurate..as well as decrease the firing rate for the ak

and the ak103, burst more acurate..and a faster firing rate

i'm thinking of removing the m4\m203...its becoming somewhat uslas...we have the OICW for that, or a bfg in the pocket

i will give the bfg, warp thingy

and balance a few other weapons out..like alian weapons..i will make them much stronger..eg plasma..and advanced lasers.....to conpinsate..i will make some armours stronger aginst plsma, and some stronger aginst laser...what do you think

Hm, personally i wouldn't change ANY of the damage values (better stay to the 6.8 values), it took lot's of time and user input to get them right, BUT the psi-armours need some better stats, they are a bit weak. And the conventional armour should be a bit more heavy to compensate its early availability. :)

Btw, huh ,YOU want to remove the M4/203 ?! :) Lol, i can clearly remember who made me ADD this weapon once :) Wasn't that you, too ?

The OICW is strong, but usually it appears way later in the game and is heavy and seldom, so both have their pro's and cons.

i dont mind doing that.....and i got tired of the m\203..its to weak..and i have alot of intrest in that new model...

i will change the values back.....but i'm going to consider...someother things...

for example...i want to know do you guys want an new model for the heavy plazma

and do you guys want lazers and plasmas to be stronger....i will add a research level for BFg and anything you ask for....

ohh..and i think i have a new model for a lazer sniperrifle....so..its upto ..add your sugetions......i will make the change just before i play my co-op mission...call it a test run