Weapon and equipment wishes for rb6.0

Aralez

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kermel: The decker gun is fixed now

@Lurker: The glossary will be one of the last things i'll do. The axe will not be included, the animation simply isn't there :) Believe me, i tried several things, but none worked out ok . But hey, you won't complain after you see/hear what i have to say next:

@All: The weapon addon package is ready !! I'll upload it tonight to Slaughter and all other known addresses. This will be v.5.5 iirc.

After that i'll move on to the next step of the mod (crewmembers!), the weapons will be tweaked if someone finds something worthy to tweak. Especially the Hypnogas-Grenade (thought to un-psicontrol your buddies) is not fully tested. I did some quick tests with it, but nothing too fancy, if you find something problematic with it, mail here!!

One thing: From now on all newer mods should be "down-compatible" that means newer mods should be able to replace older mods WITHOUT a need for a new start of the campaign! (But don't sue me, if it doesn't, ok :power: )

Some things will not be included atm:

-Axe, shuriken, blades: due to missing appropriate animation

-Pancor Jackhammer: This wouldn't fill a hole, it only would be another version of the SAIGA

-teleport weapons: The guys at ALTAR decide to correct the PSI/wall/-bug, humph :D

(but i added a good burn/psi- weapon nonetheless, you'll see!)

Ok, cu in the new thread https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index...?showtopic=1201

Weapon problems, tweak ideas here in this thread of course :)

If human-enemies are a bug in Version 1.3, then it is a bug that I never ran into until I tried modding. I played to the end of 1.3 unmodded, without ever seeing human enemies.

The bug only shows up when the game is modded.

Fulby of ALPine described it as a bug that he could exploit, or at least I think it was Fulby. If it can be exploited, then it can be turned off as well. Fulby has an ALPine plugin that activates human enemies, so he must also know how to turn them off and make sure they don't ever show up.

You need to get with Fulby and learn how to turn it off in your Rebalance Mods. I don't like human enemies. They are dumb as rocks and seem to wander aimlessly. Furthermore, they are all the same. Plus they really feel like a bug in the program, especially if your mission is to capture a transgenant. Plus my rate of crashing increased with human enemies. So far, 5.2 Naked and 5.4 naked haven't crashed on me, but I didn't want to stay in the mission with human enemies long enough to let it crash.

Leave the human enemies as an ALPine plugin, and do whatever is needed in the Naked Rebalance to make it so that they never appear.

You might need Fulby's help to point you in the right direction quickly. Because his ALPine patch had a way of turning off human enemies and keeping them off, or at least I think it did.

Tweak it and make the human enemies go away for good!

There's something I don't understand. I'm trying to compile all the weapon information from the .vfs file into excel in order to analize them, and maybe tweak them to my own personal liking. I've done pistols, SMGs and assault rifles OK, but when I look at shotguns damage ratings aren't correct. It says that Neostead only does 60 damage ! (listofmagazine.txt, MGS-NEO). What am I doing wrong ?

To Aralez: I think you pretty much got it all.

To BlackAlmaz: Why don't you submit your best weapons creations to Aralez and have Aralez include them in future Rebalance mods? I'd like to see what you created and what you like in terms of new weapons. Some of your creations and icons sounded interesting.

To Aralez again: Make sure you get in the freeze or paralysis Psi Projector for UFOMAN. The Psi unit in X-Com had both control and freeze, if I remember right, so along with burn have a freeze Psi Projector, of course keep the original Psi Projector the way it is, the control one.

Blow-torch focused advanced flame thrower. An arc flame almost needing a arc-welding mask? The Sword of God. Actually, it would kind of be like the light saber in Star Wars. I'd like to see what you come up with in that category, since you seem to be the master of the flaming gun.

Kermel: The shotguns use multiple pellets from listofammo.txt e.g 15 pellets with 60 damage =900 damge total.

Lurker: I tried to play an UNMODDED game with 1.3 to see what Altar had changed and ran into this bug, BEFORE i started modding. The bug is not caused by modding imho.

But if anybody else runs into troubles with the deepones, i'll remove them.

Btw, mod id uploaded and sent via mail, now i'll upload to the ftp-thing Slaughter suggested.

Have fun!

Well, I do believe that Fulby found a way to get at the human enemies bug, and thus make the human enemies show up ten percent of the time, half the time, or all the time.

So, I truly do believe that he also has a way of making them show up none of the time.

You need to check with him, if you can, and make sure that the 'bug' isn't lurking somewhere inside or outside your Rebalance Mod. Even better, your Rebalance Mod would become the bug fix for that particular bug. And, I'd like to see that, if it can be done.

You'd have to contact Fulby, though, to get the inside scoop concerning the Human Enemies Plugin. You might also contact ALTAR and find out how to fix the bug, and if possible, make the fix for that bug a part of your Naked Rebalance mods.

If the human enemies can be modded in and their rate of appearance increased, then it can be modded out as well, I would assume. That bug fix would be nice to have in place by the time that Rebalance 6.0 goes Gold.

Lurkers emailbox seems to be the only stable mailbox around here. I only got diskquota errors, no matter which address from Slaughter i use. Manus' box seems to be full, too. And the ftp-thing still doesn't want to co-operate. I'll retry later when i come home from work.

Black Almaz: The OICW is a modified Neostad, the M4/203 is the M4. I changed icons, textures and sounds. I hope you like it?

oops sorry i have to got to my job, or i will be too late! Bye.

Good news for BlackAlmaz! After giving 5.5 of the Rebalance an initial inspection, I must admit that my wish list for weapons is getting significantly shorter, and I am truly starting to run out of new ideas for weapons, which is a good thing. I never thought that would happen where UFO:AM is concerned.

When BlackAlmaz is ready, BlackAlmaz needs to submit his best weapons to Aralez so that Aralez can include BlackAlmaz's weapons into a future Aralez Rebalance, and then I probably will be out of ideas. ;)

To Aralez:

I read someplace that my emailbox gives me 30meg to use as I see fit. I don't use any of it for a web page, so you have a ways to go before you overload it. I also make sure to delete your message after saving the attachment to the hard drive, or my emailbox should indeed fill up.

It's truly like Christmas each time I see a new weapon from the Aralez. Thank you!

ON TOPIC:

Here's what is still left on my wish list for weapons and equipment, after Rebalance 5.5.

First, I still want one more handgun with the exact same damage statistics as the Needler. But, the Lurker Handgun would have a range of 30 meters in burst mode, and a whopping range of 60 meters in aimed mode. It would be unique on the list of handguns, if it had a 60 meter aimed range. It would be a Sniper Handgun, and you could makeup any futuristic scenario you want for giving it those kinds of ranges and statistics. The Lurker Handgun or Sniper Handgun and the BFG4500 would be the last handguns to show up, late game.

Second, fire and ice. The PsiBurner needs a brother, a cobalt blue PsiFreezer. Fire and ice!

Third, my most requested rebalance tweak would be to give the original Warp Resonator a 65 meter aimed range.

Fourth, as already mentioned, I would someday like to see what Aralez can dream up for a ranged FlameThrower on the OTHER equipment tab.

Fifth, when Aralez gets time, I would like the guns with different ammunition to have ammunition that looks even more different from each other, and also if possible, a way to just know which ammunition type is actually in the gun. I don't know if that is possible. Concerning the A2Gun ammunition cartidges, they shouldn't look exactly the same. The flame ammunition could retain the yellow-green tab, and the Parabellum could have its yellow tab changed to a cobalt blue tab. When it comes to ammunition, try to follow some color pattern as well. Flame, yellow. Metal bullets, blue. Universal, Red. Make it consistent across all the different guns.

I can't think of anything more that's realistically doable, from what Aralez has told me. When those five wishes are accomplished, I believe that I am out of ideas and wishes, where weapons are concerned.

Then just like everyone else, I will have to start a new game without the ALLITEMS cheat and see how it all plays out, before I can be in a better position to suggest what needs to be changed or improved.

SUMMARY:

I limited this message mostly to topic, and I listed what I would still like to see produced in terms of weapons and equipment by the time we get to Rebalance 6.0.

BlackAlmaz has been talking about some of his cool creations. I would be pleased if BlackAlmaz dropped the best weapons that he has been producing into the mix - get a Christmas present from BlackAlmaz. But, that's up to Aralez and BlackAlmaz.

Meanwhile, I'm running out of ideas for new weapons.

After I have played Rebalance 5.5 for awhile, I'll come back with any tweaks or fixes that I might come across, if anything feels out of balance or unfinished.

Once again, I salute Aralez! The rest of you are gonna love it when you get it downloaded, I'm sure.

to tell you the truth all i did was edit the stats...and anymation types...i have no idea bout how to cahnge there colour...but i love what i made out of that autometic shot gun...so if you whant i'll give it to Aralez and he can have a look....it makes the game more fun and at the same time harder...so its up to him if he whants....i did with advanced armours what he did whit besrker armour...and they are a bit to good....but its only advanced combat armour the rest fit in balnced

for example you hear the mp5 p90 shoot more than bullet...so i made it so..it shoots 2 and burst shoots from 3-5 deppanding on weapon and clip size...i use the uzi alot now....so i dont think i would like aralez new modefied uzi

Yes BlackAlmaz, please contact Aralez and send him your best modifications.

I think I suggested long ago that a second type of UZI would be nice, so if we had two to choose from, yours and the one that Aralez has made, I think that would be great.

And having extra ammo types for mp5 p90 would also fit in with what Aralez has been doing.

The automatic shotgun sounds great as well.

So, please email Aralez and work out a way to send him what you have done.

Why do you want a Sniper Handgun, Lurker ? It doesn't sound right, IMHO, it would be like a close-quarters sniper rifle. Handguns are supossed to be the best weapons at short range, but if you want something that can shoot up to 60 meters get an assault rifle or a heavy weapon.

What I would like to see is more radical armor types for the aliens, armors that protect 80% against Soft but 0% against Laser, that kind of thing, so that you need to use the right weapon for each creature. This way handguns would be very valuable even if they didn't cause a lot of damage (which isn't realistic), because they are light and can be draw quickly if your main weapon is useless against a certain alien.

It's frustrating because at the end of the day the best damage types are Soft, against transgenant, and Hard, against armored reticulants; whereas there are a lot of aliens very resistant to the exotic types like plasma or warp. And psiblasters are the most useless piece of crap in existence.

I wrongly thought that you had substitued the SLAW by the Nuker, but then I've just found the SLAW after the second russian base. I think the Nuker should have a Tech Level higher than the SLAW, because I got it relatively early in the game. Curiously enough, in listofmagazine.txt the Nuker ammo is listed as having TL7, but in listofweapon.txt it is listed as having TL4. A typo, I guess.

I want one unrealistic handgun - one so radically advanced that it's not really possible to normal human imagination. Gyroscope stabilization and built-in computer based laser or radar targeting. It would be a small gun with a big effect. In the OK Corral, and with a fast draw, it would drop a man standing all the way across town.

Maybe what I really want is a Phaser from Star Trek. Why would anybody want one of those?

Okay, so now I want two more handguns from Aralez. The unrealistic one I have outlined, and the more 'realistic' Phaser from Star Trek. ;)

Because a phaser shoots light, it's range is supposedly unlimited. So, I guess I can now imagine a handgun with unlimited range. Aw shucks!

Actually, a Phaser handgun would be really cool, like the one in the Original Star Trek series, the one that turned them to light and then they vanished. Of course, turning the Reticulans to smoke would be just as neat.

Thanks Kermel for giving me even more ideas! How about it Aralez? Can you make the Reticulans turn to smoke or into fire instead of falling down and spraying green blood? If you can pull off the animation, then make a Phaser from Star Trek for us as one of the advanced handguns. ;)

Bugs in Rebalance 5.5:

While on my way to a mission, I pulled up Equipment screen and started selecting ammunition trying to determine what I should have taken with me. When I selected the Purple Type of SLAW ammunition, something tried to load essentially freezing the computer. I was finally able to hit the escape key. Instead of being taken back to Geoscape, I was taken back to the Desktop. I think this is called a crash to desktop. I have Windows XP with the recommended updates. This bug was repeatable. I tried to access the Purple SLAW ammunition a second time escaping from the Geoscape to the Equipment screen while in the Chinook. Selected the purple ammunition, and after 'getting lost', I escaped back to the Desktop. You can select other types of ammunition and examine their stats in-flight without the computer getting lost. I need to go through and try to select all the ammunition while in flight so see if there are any others with this bug.

The Nanotech still doesn't have a right-click targeting cursor. The Nanotech didn't do anything when I attacked myself with it. I was in Bio Armor, and I tossed the Nanotech to the exact same square where I was standing. Tried to heal myself with it. It did nothing, except it left a permanent red targeting square on the ground where I had been standing. If you attack someone else with Nanotech, it works fine.

I ran into human enemies some more times. I reloaded the game, and they weren't there when I went back to the same tactical mission. It's as if Aralez somehow got Fulby's human-enemies mod worked in with a 20 percent frequency parameter. One in five missions seem to have the human enemies. Maybe it will turn out to be one in ten or one in twenty? Got to get farther in to see how often the human enemies show up on average.

The reloading of the A2Gun seems to get out of sync, or is slow, or a combination of both. The person carrying the A2Gun says she's ready for further orders two units of time before she really is ready?

Good stuff:

The person with the A2Gun and the Parabellum can now stand her ground, thanks to enough range. The Parabellum ammunition is great for capturing transgenants. It will be very intersesting to see how the gun performs for someone heroic for Marksmanship. Changing the ammo is very slow with rookies, so I can't wait to see how it works out with someone maxed out on Speed.

I didn't know at first if I was going to like the Hover AW Launcher. But, I happened to time the launch of the Hover AW Rocket sending the hover rocket to max range into a rush of transgenants. When the slow-moving explosive hover package finally arrived, it took out four of them in one massive explosion! Great stuff! I'm a believer, now.

I love the BFG4500. It's another favorite! Please don't change it. I had a load of fun blowing up buses with it. But, sigh, the BFG4500 is not any good for capturing transgenants, though. ;)

Okay. If you get the right kind of smaller tree, the BFG9000 does indeed smoke them into charcoal instantly. It doesn't work on the bigger trees, but it's great for the small stuff. The BFG9000 has acceptable range now!

I like the Decker and the Magnum.

Questions:

Heavy Bio Armor? Will that be on the menu for our soldiers as well in a future rebalance? Is it already in Rebalance 5.5?

I don't know what you are all talking about when it comes to camo-face? Is it an armor, or what is it? Is it already in Rebalance 5.5? I somehow missed the conversation that explained what the camo equipment is all about.

Suggestion:

Place the different types of rebalance into different files or modules. Have the weapons in one module, the new crew types in another module, and the new aliens in another module. If the DeepOne was in a separate module, then we could test to see if the presence of the DeepOne is truly the cause of Human Enemies showing up periodically as you implied.

Furthermore, somebody might only want the weapon part of the Rebalance, or the new crew part of the rebalance, or the only the new alien part of the rebalance. If they were broken out into major categories, the different files would be easier to test if any bugs are hiding inside. You could test them one at time. Plus breaking it into different files would probably make it easier to download or send through email. If someone already had the weapons module, for example, then all you would have to send him is the new crew module, etc. And, if the DeepOne really is the cause of human enemies that I don't like, then maybe I would choose to leave the New Aliens module out of the mix or out of the subdirectory, in order to get the human enemies to go away. There are many good reasons to break the 6.0 Rebalance up into a few smaller modules.

Yes, I'm crazy - totally insane!

They use computers and gyros to target and aim the Hubble Space Telescope. The aiming or sighting in the Hubble is precise. I believe that the Hubble has infrared imaging capabilities, as well. It does have telescoping abilities.

Now can you imagine if we shrunk all of that down into a handgun or a pistol? That would be the ultimate handgun.

You would aim it in the general direction of a target and pull the trigger. It's built-in telescope and/or lasers would pick out the biggest and closest heat signature in the field of view. Then the gyros would kick in and center the pistol precisely on the center of mass of the biggest or closest heat signature in the field of view. And then the bullet would fire and end up in the heart or core of the target, even if the target was a kilometer away.

It would be a pistol that never misses.

It's biggest potential weakness would be if there were multiple targets in view, but it would just catalog them all in its computer and cycle through them one at a time until everything in the field of view has received a bullet or a burst. ;)

I guess I wouldn't make a good elementary school teacher with my devious mind. ;)

Why we would want such a thing is because it is cool and futuristic, just what you want for computer gaming. We wouldn't want such a thing in real life, unless we were defending Earth from an alien invasion.

Much of the equipment in UFO:AM is unrealistic. A psi projector is unrealistic, because most of the scientists currently agree there really are no humans with true telekinetic psi ability.

Actually, when I think of pistols and computer games, my mind always seems to go to Tanya in Command and Conquer Red Alert 2. The way she handles a pistol is very memorable. That game is a top-down isometric view somewhat like UFO:AM, and she truly mows down the enemy with her pistol, and ends her flourish with a laugh. There's nothing quite like it outside a First Person Shooter.

Having a pistol in each hand in Unreal Tournament is a memorable pistol moment, but I think the Tanya character is more memorable.

to much to read...okey if aralez agreas i'll send him the stuff...if it fits into an attachment

To Kermel

when the weapon is tech levl 7 it apears latter..if the magazine is tech level 4 than the weapon can crash the game......i had it when i made the ak level1 but forgot bout the magazine..it was still lvl4

you have to make them the same tech level

unless its a special type of amo designed to come up later

so if you can just change those to what eva you whant...play around...it gets tiering looking through all those stats but its worth it

Lurker

here i can fix you problem i will give the deagle both burst and single...the aimed will have 60 range and 50 accuracy + 250 demage heavy/ Uneversal you choice nad the burst very shit so that tranagent cant kill you with it....okey....they only use burst so i guess if i give burst accuarcy of 0.01 i think they whont hit anything...and just waist ammo...if you whant a never missing one....i'll just make it 59 accuracy than you should have a 99 chance of hiting with a trained unit...evry time...untill range runs out

BlackAlmaz:

Yes, send whatever you can to Aralez. He can include it, and then we all can discuss what should be improved or changed. Maybe two attachments to him?

Kermel:

I used the PsiBlaster four months ago, and I have never touched it since. Maybe we should petition Aralez to rebalance it to do double or triple damage? But, we need to be careful there, because the Reticulans can do some really nasty things with the PsiBlaster that the humans can't do. Maybe increasing its damage so the humans can use it effectively will make humans easy prey to Reticulans who can really use it?

Lurker, are you sure aliens do nasty things with Psiblasters ? In my game when I find a reticulant armed with a Psiblaster I can safely ignore it because the damage it causes is so low. Nothing compared to any of the others weapons they carry. But perhaps we should think how could we make the psiblaster unique, and not simply yet another gun.

Argh ;) so much to read and write ;)

Lurker:

-The psi-freezer is already in the game iirc, one of the psi-waepons already stuns your enemies.

-The long range flamer: =The Psi-Burner? :)

-Automatic Shotgun = Saiga, CAWS ?

-Btw, you can tell the damage a magazine does, when you click it in the inventory.

-Nanotech grenade is working the way i wanted it to, you have to hit someone with it to work properly.

-Warp resonator with 65 range = ok!

Kermel:

-Nuker level and purple ammo will be fixed

-Heavy bio armour and other alien stuff will be done in the third part of the mod project

@All :

-The camo-face is simply that: A face with camo-paint on it. :)

-The hitech-pistol isn't doable the way you described it, sorry :(

-New ammo-types and ne handguns? You mean even MORE??? ;) Ok let's see what BlackAlmaz comes up with :)

@BlackAlmaz: If your weapons only overwrite existing files send me them, i'll take a look at them and include them if possible.

More weapons, more weapons.... i think this is not the fault of this game. Needs to make usefull each one. If you specialice in pistols, you cannot shoot good with heavy weapons, for example. (like real life, you can never be good in ALL aspects)

The way the game works:

You run happy... and when an alien shoots you, you respond it with all of your men. End of alien.

In Xcom, one shoot, one dead men. So you need play more carefully, splitting the team. Ufo is more arcade (a lot of), and you need a lot of shots to kill one alien and your man, so, 1 men=nothing.

I mean, if Xcom, men are more vulnerable, also, more valuable.

But i really dont like to fight against 50 aliens!! (well, if they dont shoot, ok lol)

OK, Slaughter finally got the file! He'll upload the mod asap, i think. It's the corrected version of 5.5, so please if you have the original 5.5 (should only be three or four people) re-download this version! I will take a small break now for one day, then i'll be back again! (i'll actually PLAY the game now) ;)