"naked" Rb-mod

Aralez

Seeing all those nice new mods (FPC-Mod, Sound-Mod, etc.) conflicting with the full-version RB-Mod, i decided to do a "naked" version of the RB-Mod, existing only of the weapons,equipments and cyborgs, so you can all use those mods simultanously (sp?) . It should be available soon. (Slaughter?)

This is NOT the new version of the RB-Mod , only a version for those who want to use different mods at the same time. The new RB-Mod will be released by fnurg and will take some more time. (It will be worth it, believe me)

Aralez, I appreciate what you have done.

If nothing else, you and Fnurg and sigget have pointed ALTAR and the rest of us to areas where the game can be improved.

I, for one, hope that ALTAR takes the opportunity to do a lot of modding of their own in the coming patch.

I even tried starting a thread or two on their message board regarding the subject:

Rebalance Mod Thread:

https://www.chatbear.com/?P574011

Mods Should be Modularized Thread:

https://www.chatbear.com/?P573565

I imagine nothing will come of it, but we can always keep hoping. If ALTAR responds in even a small measure, it will give the wonderful modders like you more to work with in the next version of Aftermath.

Kudos! And best wishes.

Hi

I am trying to run Alpine and Naked RBM.

Alpine is fine - but how do i tell if RBM is working at the very beginning. I have just put the .VFS in the UFO directory - is this enough? Only i thought the mod gave med packs 15 uses and mine still have 10. The readme doen't make it clear what is NOT in the game.

Am i doing something wrong here?

many thanks

Doc

You have to add the rebalance mod with alpine. What you do is this:

I have Alpine in this directory: D:\Games\UFO Aftermath\Alpine

When in your Alpine directory, go into the plugins\mods directory, and create a directory called mod1. When that is done, extract the nakedRBcfg.vfs into that directory, and rename it cfg.vfs. Then open Alpine, hook the Modwrapper, and choose 1 as it's parameter. Also hook any other mods you want to run with it. Did that help you?

Oh, and make sure you have no other cfg.vfs files in your UFO Aftermath directory by the way. Like RBMODcfg.vfs and so on...

And to find out if rebalance is working, go straight into your inventory, and check if there is a armor called CONVENTIONAL. If there is, rebalance is working...

thanks Slaughter

Seemed to work but ..........

i can load a tactical game and play, but when i finish the mission or if i go back and try and load the game at the strategic level it crashes (access violation i think).

RBM seems to be working cos my medpacks now have 15 uses

can i get around this or do i have to start the game from scratch

cheers

Doc

Did you have the normal RB mod installed before replacing it with the naked-RB? Also did you activate some plugins, play and save the game and then remove those plugins?

If the naked-RB doesn't contain some content that the normal RB does, then the game will crash because it can't find an item, technology, graphic etc that the save game says it should have. The same thing sometimes happens if the add a plugin then remove it. If it were the Stun Rod plugin the game would look for a weapon called StunRod and wouldn't be able to find it. It depends on the plugin whether this happens or not.

Fulby