Power Armour Mod

Llama8

Features:

Power Armour

Enhanced Power Armour

A new tech to research

The glossary, descriptions for the above.

The power armours have negative weight, so you can carry more.

The only "issue" is that as far as I can tell it isn't possible for an armour to be Heavy (so that it can carry/use the really big guns like Gatlins & the turrets) & run/kneel at the same time. So I chose to allow this armour to run/kneel & I've made the Gatling/DB Machine Gun/Warp Resonator useable without heavy armour to compensate.

:rolleyes:

Cool...

Maybe we can enforce game to read (and apply) more parameters from armour config through game.exe hex editing ??.. To change other attributes.. ??

And , maybe , u`ll make not power armour , but some EkzoSkeleton armor (wellknown ultimate wepon in combat against alien invansion - "loader" from "Aliens 2") - with less armour but more firepower..

P.s. IMHO running is bad idea...

• 3 weeks later...

I held off on Alpine and modding in part because there wasn't a Power Armor plugin for Alpine.

Of course, the other thing that has kept me away from Aftermath recently is the Sound Crash Bug, which got worse with modding.

It looks like now that the biggest problem with Alpine and some of the mods is that a person has to start a new game when certain plugins are added. That got me into trouble the last time I tried modding a couple weeks back -- invalidated saved games.

I could never figure out how to turn on Aralez's ALLITEMS feature, he needs a text file on that, or something.

Anyway, I no longer have the 'lack of Power Armor' excuse, and they recently tried to make the Rebalance Mod compatible with Alpine, through the Naked Rebalance. Now if they can just figure out how to Alpine Lua me a Personal Combat Teleporter, most of the features that I would want in a Weapons mod are there.

I don't know which will drag me back to Aftermath first, the coming patch from ALTAR or an Alpine with all the features I want in it. The Alpine is getting tempting -- I'm almost ready to reinstall Aftermath.

I imagine, though, that we are going to have to wait and cross our fingers hoping that ALTAR provides what we need so that we can have alien sounds and alien death cries.

Nevertheless, with the help of these dedicated modders, the Aftermath game is getting ever closer to what I originally imagined it should and would be, even if ALTAR doesn't come through for us.

Praises to you, the modding community!

• 10 months later...

You don't need anything except the new Combomod. The powerarmour is in it.

If you still want to download Alpine it can be found in the downloads section on the main site.

BUT: Everything from the Alpine plugins is alread in the ComboMod, you really don't need it to run the mod.