Getting closer!

Exeterian

Almost there, as far as researching the theoreticals are concerned. Another problem I meant to ask about concerns the fodder loader. I am having no luck running fodder at all. Which icon exactly should I be attempting to run from. I attempted to run from the ?ld_XCom? (looks looks like a sun) but all I got was some funky error message. Any idea?

Given the progress, I am probably going to reattempt an install on my XP comp. Will I need any patches or downloads running CE on XP, or shall I just change the compatibility configuration?

Thanks everyone!

Hi ShadowBlade,

Which file is the game executable? I tried changing the file as per the directions, but still got the same error. Could you describe it to me or post a screen shot?

Also, I am doing a bug check on a similar prob I had a long time ago with TFTD (Dos) which concerned the inability to build the "Ultimate Craft." For UFO Defense (not TFTD), what do you need to research "Cydonia or Bust?"

I really appreciate everyone's help, the referencing throughout the website has really made this exercise workable!

E

the program exe is the one with a blue alien head icon and if you have show extentions turned on it ends in .exe

f0ders loader only works if it's in the same location as the game exe and requires that name be as it is installed by the CE installer. (I dont know if the Europe release of CE is diferent but many of the warez versions use a diferent name)

-Blade FireLight

ps. I will post more details on what to look for latter tonight. asumeing that no one else does

In the CE, the game executable is "UFO.exe" (At least that was mine, look for another .exe file if you don't got that), the file with a blue-headed alien resembling a Sectoid as its icon. Be sure the loader is in the same directory as this file and change the executable's name to "UFO Defense.exe". That should do it, check if it worked by starting the loader.

Post again if you need further help. :confused:

Thanks for the help guys,

I will try fodders again tonight after work. Although feel free to do that follow up Blade, that will more than likely help immensely!

How about the other question I posted? Concerning researching "Cydonia or Bust," to my recollection that should require an Etheral Commander, is that correct?

Thanks again!

E

Any commander should do as long as you've researched 'The Martian Solution' beforehand.

To get The Martian Solution, you need Alien Origins and a leader. At this particular moment in time, I can't seem to remember if it has to be a sectoid or ethereal leader or whether any old leader will do. Or, you can use another commander if you have one to spare.

Alien Origins is easy enough. You should get it from any live alien.

As for TFTD and its ultimate flying sub, I'll refer you to my Bug Avoidance Guide. It's wordy, but it'll help you get the Leviathan. If you're using the dos version, patching your game with the v2.0 patch and the beta geoscape will help iron out a few of the research tree bugs.

- NKF