Editing Squad Stats

goport

I have been playing around with the utilities on this site and edited a few savegames. One of the things I am interested in is the value ranges for the following ...

CHARACTER STRENGTH

AGILITY

DEXTERITY

WILLPOWER

INTELLIGENCE

PERCEPTION

Any ideas?

TIA

Goport

Any ideas how the skill scores are worked out since i cant seem to find them in the save files. IE: Marksmanship etc etc

I just created a small app that takes the save file and generates a static squad web page, and i wanted to add the skills.

Also, any ideas if its possible to some how trap the kills? If i remember in xcom you could see how many aliens each of your soldiers had killed, it would be great to somehow include that in my stat page.

Thanks in Advance

Keep up all this fantastic work

-Fallen

:devil:

There's a file in gamedata.vfs called (I'm pretty sure) listofskills.txt which determins how the skills get increased by the stats. I *think* it's in the Tactical\Configs\Game folder.

Example:

Lets say that skill X was improved by stat A by 75% & stat B by 25%. This means that if you chose to level up stat A once, then stat B once skill X would be improved by one level.

If you increased stat A twice, skill X would be improved by 1.5 levels and if you wanted to concentrate on stat B, you would need to level up 4 times to increase skill X by one.

the listofskills.txt is basically a load of tables/matrices with percentages in them covering each skill/stat combination.

The ratings appear to be:

0 = Awful

1 = Poor

2 = Average

3 = Good

4 = Very Good

5 = Excellent

6 = Heroic

7 = Super Heroic

8 = Will give a "Values_Ultra_Heroic"* Rating

* I guess they planned to implement more but stopped at 7. I don't know if 8 gives any more ability or even if you can go higher. I did try twenty but that eventually crashed the game.

These values were only edited in the tactical save. Also if you change all the stats to 7 straight off, the squad get sick or die. the easiest way to get around this would be to bring up the consol, enter god mode and end the mission. The next mission the squad will have all the new values and will be healthy. there is probably a way around this but I haven't figured it out yet.

Hope this information is of some relevance.

• 2 weeks later...