Any black guys in the game?

systems

I started a new game in Europe and used the hire recruit cheat to see what I would get and it seems entirely random, when I would expect the majority of recruits to be from France, Germany and the neighbouring countries.

Not sure where stereotypes come into this but each mugshot in the game has an associated voice and it is usually pretty easy to tell from the voice where that character is supposed to be from.

There's not that many characters in the game actually, if it wasnt random, you'd probably get the same guys all the time in the begining.

Just checked, there's 95 including the two reticulans, so 93 different soldiers. But i think some of them have the same voice.

I can confirm some soldiers have the same voice. I had a soldier that sounded identical to Malcom, can't remember his name but it was a pain trying to tell them apart sometimes... especialy with all the armour on. :rolleyes:

Got a bit easier once Malcom was killed by an alien plama grenade thingy. :hmmm: Those things are evil when you only have basic armour! ???

Note: This was before I even got to Area 51.

• 4 months later...

I had a really great Chinese guy with a Super Striker and an incredibly heavy Chinese accent.

Think "Engrish", and such. He was great, and a dab hand at shelling with an SS.

I had two germans that looked exactly the same...

Oh, and I had this blonde girl, "Lucy", incredibly whiny posh english tone. Guess what Intelligence she started with? Poor.

By the end of the game I'd got it up to Excellent.

Never had two Malcolms though.

And the closest I've seen to black is Foziah, (Malc's right-hand man in one game, Brian being the left.) and those who share his face.

And the two guys you rescue are GREYS! Not Reticulans!

I hate the way you can't give them any better armor.

• 9 months later...
Yes, there are mods out there that include new units, as enemies and new troops for the player. Voices can also be added, don't remember the recommended sound parameters for the files. New faces also can be added, if you've got the nack for it.