Missions

Obi-Mark

I love this game, it's positive thigns far outweigh the negative things... there are couple of thing that could be better

1. rescue the pilot missions - there's a huge building right on top of the area where the downed pilot is supposed to be. no pilot, no entry into the area, aborted mission... it SUCKS! also once I got the pilot, but the rest of the square was also under the building, I had to knock the pilot out to get him out...

can that be modified so that there's always at least pilot + 1 square free in those missions?

maybe that mission could also be improved if you had time limit to get to pilot, personally I hate time limits, but sometimes they get your adrenaline pumping...

2. base and ufo missions... their corridors do not connect the entire interior... you can see the corridor you can see the other end, but cannot move beyond starting point!!!! and there are 10 rets to eliminate!!! you have to wait for hours for them to come at you, and you are toasted if they carry plasma guns or launchers...

3. once sporeblower was 3 squares away from my position, not to mention when deathbellows was some 5 squares... farewell my soldiers, your high level meant nothing on what was supposed to be milk run...

can that also be modifeid so that 10 squares (or similar figure) around you there are no aliens?

tnx in advance

1: This is a bug that was introduced in the 1.3 version of the game. There should be a version 1.4 to fix it at some point, but we do not know when yet. In the meantime Kret have made a tool to fix this that can be downloaded from our tools section.

2: Another bug that came with 1.3, and should be fixed in 1.4. You just have to live with it until then I'm afraid...

3: Yeah, that is ANNOYING! Hope they add what you suggest to version 1.4.

warning!!! there may be spoliers ahead!!!

while at the annoying things...

one copter is annoying, but that's okay, we can live with that.

why do launchers have so short range? aren't they supposed to be used at distances above 1 km? I realize thah probable anwser is game balance, but everything else, even transgenants, outrange rpg and the other lancher is in no way better...

why can't plasma cannon be permanently deployed as well? that way those two aliens that you rescue would have at least some purpose...

why are ALL bases urban? makes no sense

why are snipers so weak? they are only marginally stronger than assault rifles...

why there are no grenades for aliens?

why are there no proximity mines?

why antibiomass bases can't destroy ENTIRE biomass? I always seem to end up with a little bit around south pole, little north of brazil (in the sea), some parts of new zeeland are under it and there is a spot just north of kamchatka (sorry if I misspelled) that keeps growing if you don't have 3 biomass bases around it and yet it's not visible in geoscape (except when it starts to grow)

why can't earh ammo be produced in engineering bases? after all, you are producing much more sophisticated weaponry and yet you can't produce additonal gatling or machinegun...

• 4 weeks later...

hahaha, you are right for most of the complain above.

things that can be change. weapon range can be changed. so go get the vfs file and change those launches to the range you like.

next weapon damage type can be changed. try changing human laser rifle to universal damage instead of laser. or plamsa gun to gatling. or better still change all the earth weapon to unlimited.

SO go change this game to what you wish. it is very easy.