Trouble Lvl'ing Up

Chryssalid_Victim

My guys are having MAJOR trouble getting past lvl 7, the experience jump to 8 is enormous, I've been doing missions constantly gaining well over 1000 exp, in some cases up to 3000 and none of my guys lvl up. According to the agent screen some are now quite close after about 20 missions being lvl 7.

I'm a bit concerned since if the game difficulty is based upon the lvl of your soldiers the biomass is gonna swallow my bases before I get to go to Russia or get a mission on the biomass

To give you an indea of my tech level I have NOTHING left to research until I go to Russia, yes this includes Transgenant Theory, I have all Laser and PLasma Weaponry and Sun Armour for ALL my troops......it's getting a tad worrying since I wasn't this well tooled out the first time I went to Russia

Advice? Help? PLEASE!!!

Believe it or not, this was made to make the experience ladder a bit smoother and more gradually than before. Before the mod it was a hyperbel (going like 1,2,4,8,16,32 etc. now it goes like 1,2,3,4,5 etc.) BUT at one point (level 7 and 8) the old way was "better" for the player, after that the modded version is easier than the original... Oh and actually it "only" needs 7000 points not 10000 :blink:

No shot at you Alarez, it was just a bit wierd first time round ;)

It prolly does make sense for exp to be divided that way since I was handling all missions perfectly well at lvl 7 (despite getting one of my guys PLasma Pinged at Area 51....the shame :blink: )

Bit worried about the Warp Targetter appearing as a normal weapon which you find at a base but I guess that could be just a minor conflict or it may be supposed to happen i dunno. (Fulby's Mod anyway)

Oh and just a minor sidenote - it's 10400 total exp (i.e 7000 point climb) ;)

This could get interesting.........