really lame game!!!!!

crapgame

This game is so bad.

It could have been soo good but as usuall they are so lazy and money hungry that they release a nice looking game who is crap.

No point of playing at all, just plain bad.

And they wonder why people to day are downloading games?

Game developers today doesnt need to do a good game they just post alot of fake screenshoots and a bunch of lies and it sells.

I bought this pice of s**t and Im not happy for supporting people who make these kinda games.

ctrl alt delete

Wow....Intelligent poster there......Really insightful....What did'nt you like? Lack of "God Mode" option on the Options Screen?

Or perhaps it did not have "Redneck Hick mode"

Either way I dont mind people slagging off anything but without a decent Argument......You show you are the mind numbingly dumb 14 year old child.

Please....rot in Hell.

-Telk

lol. Read a review next time :withstupid: . I must admit that I was initially disappointed with this game - I'd rather that they had kept the Apoc graphics/gameplay and concentrated on the human organisations AI (I know, this isn't an Xcom game . . .). Still, I bought it before reading a reputable review and so it's my fault if I'm playing a shit game.

Actually, I'm really enjoying it now I've given it a chance. The biggest problem that I can see is that the data files don't appear to be easily editable, so you're stuck with the pants armour stats etc..

Why are you people defending these people?? why??

You cant say that its a GOOD game, no no no.

They havent laid any energi or efforth in this game.

The only reason its so well known is because its title is UFO.

If the title was "Ailien Invasion" it would not be as big as it is now.

Well Im glad you like the game but I cant see how.

I said Structured Argument not rant and rave!

List your problems with the game and maybe we could address them?

If its Graphics.....dont even go there Ive heared the whine to many times go away and play with your Bland console...

If its about the beginning being hard then thats different I can understand that completely.....

This title is Big for several reasons one being the X-com Closeness however its NOT X-COM and I wish they'd put that on the bloody Box!

Another Reason for it being big is the fact its reviving a what thoguht was dead Genre of Small Squad Tactical simulations with an evolving Storyline.

Which I believe the last good one was X-Com TFTD

Have you the full game or just the Demo?

-Telk

I have the full game, and it was stupid not to test the demo first but as a ufo fan I ran to the store and bought it.

And here are some bad things about the game.

Small maps.

Bad maps.

No base building.

You cant enter buildings.

You cant blow any walls.

You cant open anything but doors, no crates lockers or boxes.

The ailiens are stupid.

well thats enough for now

Ok now we are getting somewhere.....

You cant open anything but doors, no crates lockers or boxes.

Yeah I accept that point.

The ailiens are stupid.

Then im really dumb I got outflanked more time than I care to count and got shot in the ass by a Grey with a rocket launcher

Small maps.

Bad maps.

I dont see the problem with the maps the Urban areas are cluttered just like Urban areas are.....some urban maps are rather large I thought.

No Base Building....

Ok But then why do we need to? they've simplified things one of 4 types of base, After all the only reason in X-com that you could build bases is the fact that things were stored in different bases and manufacturing took moeny and people only peeps you have in this game are yuor soldiers.

-Telk

The ailiens are stupid.

Then im really dumb I got outflanked more time than I care to count and got shot in the ass by a Grey with a rocket launcher

The aliens actually are really stupid. They run in a straight line towards you as soon as the level starts. Most of the apparent tactics they use like grouping and ambushes seem to be more related to the having got stuck on scenery on route.

Do their actions become more intelligent when they get rocket launchers? No..they just become stupid aliens with rocket launchers. The tactics are exactly the same..right up to opening fire on you when they're stood next to you.

It's lucky for us that we discovered that bit of research that told us how society driven they are isn't it. Otherwise we might have just assumed it was poor design. :angel:

On the other hand, having played a few games like RTCW: Enemy Territory, they might just be based on particularly astute observations. :withstupid:

I have no oppinion about your intelligence or lack thereof, just don't let them do it again. ;)

Okay, I'll bite:

Telkanes - Your response is just as bad as his. You attack him simply because he doesn't elaborate on his dislikes for the game. Please don't. Nothing but civil, right?

Anyhow, on to the points:

1) Small/Bad Maps: The maps vary in size depending on the mission at hand. Some of the maps are very large. I remember when I started playing this title that the maps were, for the most part, considerably larger than I remembered from the old XCOM games.

2) No Base Building: This was a huge disappointment for me. I derived a crazy amount of enjoyment from customizing my bases and configuring them to be easily defensible (is that a word?). I'm a bit let down that this wasn't in the game. It really did add an extra level of strategy that made the game that much better.

3) Can't Enter Buildings: Disappointed in this, too, but not a big deal. Hunting down that last alien was a pain in the old games, although I liked the option of sticking a sniper in a window on the top floor of a building.

4) You Can't Blow Any Walls: Well, if you're into that sort of thing that's your business, but this is a public forum. Dirty SOB! *Ahem* There ARE destructable walls in the game, but since you can't enter buildings you can't blow a hole in them to enter them, either. See #3.

5) Can't Open Anything But Doors: Crates, boxes, lockers? Huh? Why would this matter in the slightest? I guess sometimes you could find something cool in them, like a nice weapon or something, but everything you find on a map you win you get anyhow. I don't see this as much of a problem.

6) Aliens Are "Stoopid": Yes, they are. More time should have been spent on AI, but the team that built the game seem pretty new to the deal, so hopefully this will improve with a patch/add-on/next game. The aliens in XCOM weren't all that bright, either.

Personally, I feel that LoD should have been implemented in the graphics engine and better models created that would scale down for slower systems. As it is, the models are pretty poor and the textures/skinning, to put it bluntly, suck. I was worried about the graphics of the game from the first screenshot, hoped they would get better, and they didn't.

Oh, also I would have liked to see a "level" adjustment. Even without buildings you can enter this would have been helpful for the weird maps that have a very high elevation and cause the camera to spaz out.

- Rave

My "Attack" was justified in my opinion due to the fact that Altar Did create a Good game, something we must not forget is without them we would not have a Modern X-com Clone

Spouting Phrases like:

"It could have been soo good but as usuall they are so lazy and money hungry that they release a nice looking game who is crap.

No point of playing at all, just plain bad."

I dont see him producing Quality games and Programers do need to pay the morgatge as well, Unlike some firms ive not seen Cenega or Altar appear money grabbing, include that to the fact that if you make a game there is no room to be lazy or you make a huge loss and you are never heard from again.

I dont like people who register on Forums with names like "Crap Game" I respect anyones opinion but to come on in this manner is acting like a spoilt Griefer who has no respect for an ordered and valid gripe, a simple "BTW guys Ive found this game to be poor for the following reasons" would suffice since there is no need to act like a spoilt Prick in front of a large community.

-Telk

That's the problem, no attack should be justifiable. Just respond in a manner you'd wish someone to respond to you. You know, lead by example. I don't like the way he approached the issue either, but there's a limit to how far and aggressively you should criticize another for sharing their opinion. Also, your belief that UFO: Aftermath is a "good" game is just an opinion, and not necessarily shared by others, which you'll have to accept and deal with without getting upset.

Hell, there are people who don't like Starcraft, or Quake, etc... they aren't wrong, just odd. <--- joke

Anyhow, I believe I put together some opinions that could be discussed...why don't we talk about that?

- Rave

"crapgame" has been banned from all sites and forums across my network for flagrantly abusing forum rules and privileges, signing up with an unacceptable member name, altering his e-mail account after sign-up to cover his tracks, thusly providing a false method of contact, spamming, shooting the game down without much in the way of reason...

You can click on his member title and view the full list of posts made by this user to see more of why action was neccessary.

Should crapgame wish to switch IP or even attempt to re-enter the forums to do the same, his ISP will be contacted and notified of his actions.

I think I'm running out of stuff to say, and some of the above isn't in the forum rules (yet), so anyone who wishes to comment on my decision can feel free to send me a personal message (without fear of similar action naturally :withstupid:).

Topic closed, but I'm willing for the discussion to be continued in another topic whilst this one is saved as is for evidence purposes should further action be required.