Is it ever going to get any easier?

FoetusFajitas

Do the humans ever catch up?

I'm just wondering if this game is an Act I, Act II, Act III pendulum kind of thing where Act I is the easy initial part, Act II the Empire Strikes Back, then Act III the good guys finally turn the tide...

...or is it just increasingly more and more difficult the entire way?

At my point in the game, the missions are already more like chess matches than the flowing gameplay of the earlier missions. I've already run through my old tactical tricks, and have to constantly invent new ones to progress, which can be excruciatingly frustrating.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel, or do I need to take the blow to my ego and just restart on Easy mode?

I haven't noticed it getting easier, indeed, the reverse seems to be true. However, I would say that I am getting far better tactically, as I'm being forced ap a very steep learning gradient. Don't expect to complete this game without saving and reloading (LOTS AND LOTS), I just don't think it can be done...

though the star wars reference is quite appropriate, a small force of desperate and under equipped rebels trying to take on a far superior force.