MAJOR SPOILERS TOPIC

Maniax

I'm afraid I can't help you :blink:, but you may be able to help me :rolleyes: . I can't even get to the moon. I've researched the alien queen, I've been given the 'capture the alien ship mission' I start the mission... and die. Every time I've tried this I've had between five and seven alien missile launchers pointed straight at me. I've tried taking bio armour, but I can't then carry weapons that can kill the little buggers fast enough, if I take heavy armour with gatling/double machine guns, I kill them all, but the missiles wipe out my squad. HEEELLPPP!!!!!

I've now tried this mission six times, and haven't lasted longer than 30 seconds. How the hell did you complete this mission?

i had none of the heavy weapons with me... 2 snipers, 1 alien rocket launcher, 1 grenade launcher, 2 plasma guns and a warp medic with grenades.

i spread out my squad and started to kill the guys, with the warp medic i stand behind them healing them the whole time (take 2 or more warp medic packs with u)...

i loose 1 men then entered the base... im playing on easy mode but its hard enough... i think i was really lucky. loaded only 1 time.

bio armour is the only thing i use in base missions. if a men gets psi controlled take out the alien who controll him then he will release again.

one prob about not taking heavy weapons with u: u need them at the queen chamber, i think...

I've managed it. I ended up taking 2 gatling cannons, 3 double machine guns (I tried lighter battle suits, but I just couldn't move fast enough. The rockets took me apart- with the microslug accellerators, psionics and collapsible plasmas aiding them considerably) and 2 medics with warp med packs. Each of the heavies took out a reticulan (with heroic & super heroic marksmanship they normally scrag an alien with every shot!). They culled the missile launchers, but the rockets stil hit, knocking most of my troops for six, then the medics went to work. As the heavies were healed, they took out the psionics, then the collapsable plasma users, then everything else (there were 17 greys in this area- that I found...).

I had obviously been fairly creamed by now, but when I entered the alien ship, my target was but a brief run away. A gatling gun on each corridor, and a medic with bio armour who dropped everything (runs like a weasel on speed!) and I killed four more reticulans, grabbed the gear and ran. 1 man unharmed, 6 in medbay for 4-6 days!

By the gods that was a bitch of a mission. This was on Normal difficulty, and I'm not entirely sure if it's possible on hard... someone let me know?

Final number of attempts: nine...

basilisk, I just took the same mission, also with normal difficulty, had no problems at all :rolleyes:

just psi-control the aliens asap, if they see some friends, shoot 'em, if not, put down their weapons, they aren't smart enough to pick up weapons from the ground after you lose control of them.

using enhanced heavy armour and bio armour btw, so they can withstand a couple of rockets, if the buggers manages to get a shot off.