A typical first Month

1st January -

Researching, Regroupping my 3 Man Team, make ready for Combat.

1st - 6st January, Battle in Cities agains Mutants

7st January, first Ufo Detecting, Small Alien Scout, shooted down, first Alien encouterd with an Alien Laser Pistol - Killed.

8st January, 2 New Bases, and some nice Stuff.

12st January, More Ufo's shooted down, beginning of searching for Area 51

16st January, attack on area 51 with Alien weapons and Technology, now 6 bases under controll.

23st January, Research from the Data that was won from Area 51 analysed

26st January, first Alien Captured and with Electroshocks bring it to talking, nice Info's.

28st January, Missions becomes more and more difficult, and i allready dodnt know longer how i should preveal agains the Damn Plasmaball Launchers, Teammate Loosing since 26st January is 5-10 Teammates a day. Moste are killed in UFO Missions couse the aliens shoot more deadly and accurater in the In Door Areas and got stronger armors to defend themself for projectil and laser weapons.

1. February, Aliens attacks 2 bases, front is breaking down, Alien Forces attack all strategical positions, teams are sloughtet and killed by Plasmaball Launcher and very bad Aliens.

Hmm, for my First game, not bad, overlive 1 Month ;P And that on easy mode -_-

And how do you survive? ^^

Well, I don't have a day-by-day accounting of my experiences so far, but here's what's happened in my virtual reality (also known as UFO: AM);

We've been fighting the aliens now for around 50 days. The fight for the Western Hemisphere of the planet Earth is over, for the most part. Now, we are fighting in Europe, where a biomass has been spotted. Something about the "Transigent" theory (scientists: speak English!!). We picked and chose our fights very carefully, delegating all periphery battles, and taking only those which would yield territory, bases, or investigate crashed UFO's. We also took advantage of all the training on which we could get our hands on, and passed up an alert-callout here and there for the welfare of the troops. This has paid off, and we now number 13 (we had to let one poor fellow go: he was slow, couldn't shoot his way out of a wet paper bag, and couldn't carry more than a grenade!). We survived our first month with a celebration on the Falklands, an island base we took from the aliens right around our 30th day of active resistance.

We are winning our fight... so far. There are some really nasty creatures out there, but with our armor and weapons, we are on more than equal footing.

We have met the enemy, and they are ours.

:rolleyes:

uh i am still in my first month and up to here the game seems pretty easy to me. but by reading your lines i guess itll be much harder in a few game-weeks. so i am looking forward to be prepared for the bad guys out there..

well by now i havent lost anyone... and i got 3 bases from other troops while i was cleaning out some spots with my soldiers... that was funny cos i have 5 bases right now without really capturing one.

Hehe, I ended up in mid-USA (just assumed it was the game's default starting location).

I lost track of time early on... time's fairly irrelevant anyway when nobody's in control of Grenwich :rolleyes: and more importantly, you'd run out of watch batteries after a few years anyway with nobody manufacturing them.

Seriously though, I'm covering most of North America, edging into South America and I'm just about to step across the Baring Straits into northern Russia (which as we all know is a really small distance in real life from America, but annoying Atlases around the world have them at opposite edges for no reason...).

My biggest buzz has been from some of the research items and familiar stuff as well as the stuff that extends into real-world UFO folklore etc :P Some very nice touches that make the experience so much more enjoyable.

Some of these bad guys are SOOOOOOOO hard though. My favourite and most-used button has to be "Delegate" :blink: I want the better equipment so I don't get my ass kicked so much.

I thouht the game a bit hard, at first, but then I relized I got my prioriteis all screwed up. I dropped all shotguns and went UZIs all the way until some nice aliens dropped some better earthmade rifles. Range, range, range. A lot of this game is played at range, all save the in-ufo and base missions which are a bit cramped but I do never use any close range weapons no matter how huge damage they give. Researched Goodwill Campaign for better chance of delegated missions to succeede and even got some bases for free. Then went directly for laser research to use the newly captured alien laser rifles, which have been the mainstay in my army for 4-5 out of 7 soldiers for umpteen missions (the 2 other soldiers use earth made sniper rifles, again range). Also found out that if I fiddle about with my equpiment at start of missions most aliens tend to come seek me out thus making it even much more important with ranged weapons, even inside bases. Most of my guys and gals are now 14lvl+ I got control of all of north america, europe and some middle eastern/russiand/african areas. Problem now is the BioMass. Tips for the new players, when you see a Planter UFO shoot it down with whatever you got, even throw bottles at it if you want to. I never much minded for the smaller ships at first, wanting to bag that Battleship with all the goodies and so on. This game is a wee bit different from X-Com UFO and such, and I like it even though I was a hardcore fan of said game. I could sit and write about Aftermath all night, and I've been pestering my friends with how great and how 1) simple it is to play 2) yet challenging still as when one thing gets simple there's always something new coming to make it difficult again 3) totally addictive it is. I almost haven't slept at all, just powergaming and eating hot dogs and stocking up on 7UP. But, all things must come to a rest at least so now I am going to bed. This is one of the better games I have played in a long time, hope ya all like it as much as I. NN peeps, and continue to save the human race! :-)

Z.

i went the other way around, hiding like bunnies behind buldings and cars so i can get close enough to give them a good shot gun blast, the uzi takes forever if you have 2-3 troopers, a shot gun takes them out in 1-2 shots, managed to get my act togather, some GS3 rifles for everyone except those 4 captured laser rifles, which i dont give the whole squad becuase of the damn blow fish (what do you mean transparent?) i manage to get along most missions except the alien base ones, last time, 7 troops went in, 4 came out, narrow passages mixed with heavly armed aliens make a evil combo,

i control 9 bases, one of them alien, i just started decoding dreamworld (the area 51 docs) and the biggest problems i have now are the paralizers (i guess im gonna have to train more snipers) and that my EF 2K are no match for any UFO larger then a kite, but i guess i'll improve, what worries me is that i havent seen any biomass yet and i cant assign biomass repulsion to my bases yet,

i guess its for the best, my research is a bit thin with only 3 dedicated bases