Baseball caps

Bomb Bloke

I sight I would have really liked to have seen in the X-Com games would be the ability to arm civilians and send them off at the aliens. You all know what I'm on about; farmers defending their fields etc...

Given that the Earth has been nuked, the whole funding thing will be a bit strange. Given that just about everyone is dead, who's paying you?

Anyway. A nice feature would be to buy caps with "kill" written on them, and shot gun, and suppy these to the civilian population (such of it that remains) and get them to go alien hunting.

For eg.

Aliens land.

"We must scout" they say.

A hundred guys with shotguns and aforementioned baseball caps turn up.

You don't need strategy to win that map, do you? :laugh:

Maybe they could even let you sell Sectoid sausages this time...

Well, I don't know about the idea of losing no points for their deaths....I mean, they aren't the trained fighting force. I do like the idea of armed civvies, though. Maybe have some of them be hostile even. I also like the idea of field recruitment more and more as I think about it. I suppose something that basic has already been decided, though.

Maybe one of the Altar guys who comes here could make a kill cap download for us after they finish the game!

And I do like the idea of armed civvies. The whole point is that no they aren't trained therefore they are very likely to die! But still if you've got a gun...

Where was I. Ah yes, a week ago, answering this thread, then my net connection cut out. :laugh:

Anyway. I've entirely forgotten what I was going to say. Um. But anyway, I'm sure you could find all sorts of people to arm, as oppsed to the ones in the original, who locate point A (where X-Com troops are), point B (where the Alien troops are), then move to point C (where all the ammo is flying, between points A and B).

They seriously must have programed that in. ???

Think of the island attacks on tftd. They all just carry on walking around the house while the aliens are destroying it around them! I once found seven live humans walking around a house with no stairs anywhere. No exterior walls on the top floor. And the big dining room area was competely torched! The stupid thing is that two of them were on the roof, and like I said there weren't any exterior walls up there!

Maybe they liked the view... ???

Anyway. When you MC/Psi them, for some reason it's tricky to get them to look the right way. Face left, you say, and they about turn...

Maybe that wouldn't be a good thing in a fire fight. :laugh:

I dunno. I still say you get more points that way, what with the minus to "civies killed score" and the plus to "aliens killed"...

And, as in keeping with the theme of this thread, hostile they may be, but they won't shoot back... :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... Maybe I need to actually read the plotline. :P I thought that Earth has, for the most part, been conquered. Depending on how long they've been ground under the tentacles of the alien occupancy, they may just feel too helpless to fight.

How does that explain X-Com civilians? I don't know. You'd think that as soon as the Sectoids landed in Los Angeles, they would be wiped out double-quick... :laugh:

• 9 months later...

ROFL good one DragonHawk.

But yes the idea of arming civies would be nice, just land and start giving out shotguns handfulls of shells and caps after ohhh 3 mins you hear the explosions and lots of human deathshouts, then you move in that direction to find all the aliens perfectlly alive, all the civies torn apart. on a plus side the aliens are cursing that they just ran out of ammo........

I think that should be an "easter egg" and get implemented somehow.

F3