Update To My Last Post...

keida

Since I can't find my originial post...I'll add this

(Why on forums can I not see my posts?, not only this forum..but others..cookie settings?)

Anyway I was getting ready to jump on the bandwagon and blast the game...

I was getting pauses in th game..stuttering..graphic glitches etc.

Tried everything...D/Led drivers..patches..added lines to files etc...nothiing worked.

About ready to give up and go on the war path...when going through all software and hardware..I crack my case and waves of heat come roaring out...

The cooling fan on my video card was toast and the card was getting toasted...I actually burned my finger on the heat sink!

Needless to say...The game is as smooth as silk now

I wonder how many people realize how heat affects thier cards?

Mine was so hot, it actually disrupted the sound card right below it...

Sorry it took me so long to get back..

I can see my posts now..I think it was my cookie settings...they were all tweaked around because I was panicked after getting that Windows worm awhile back.

I just did a fresh install of AOL 9.0..and everything is fine now in the land of Keida.

My computer also having a hard time running this game. Especially in the latter parts of the game when most of the continents have been conquered.

It's nothing wrong with my cooling system but the computer is busy reading the harddrive all the time.

When I deploy my soldiers in a city for example and scroll the screen to get an overlook of the surroundings the computer will need several seconds to read the enviroment for the first time.

I'm running the computer with one 256 mb ddr memory card and I guess it's to little.

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...