9600 Pro Problems

NoCLuE

i tried cat 3.7 and 3.8 drivers and now i have the latest omega driver, but the game keeps crashing. I tried to switch fastwrite off in smartgart, but it automatically turns back to 4x. dunno how to turn fastwrite off in bios though. ( dfi ns-80 mobo)

also i noticed an enormous increase of my sys temp. (sometimes 10 C!) is this normal?

should i go back to cat 3.6 driver?.... or just try other settings (if so which).

TnX..

NoCLuE

OpenGL is set at the default 'balanced' setting - AA: Application preference, Max Res: 1600 x 1200, Aniso Filtering and Method: Application preference, Texture & Mipmap: High quality, Wait for Vert Sync: Default Off and TRUFORM: always Off. UFO:AM is set up with shadows, 32 bit colours and 'Use vertex programs' ticked.

Problem solved maybe?

After having a problem running C&C Generals I hunted the boards and after MUCH searching found out that there is a problem with the hardware cursor on ATI Radeon 9600s (and may be some others). The solution was to switch it off by going to the display properties settings/advanced/troubleshoot and changing the 'Hardware Acceleration' setting from Full to one notch left of Full. This disables the hardware cursor and bitmap accelerations. The downside is that the cursor now flickers. Chuffed with the result I tried running UFO:AM and suddenly it all worked albeit with a flickery cursor :laugh: