Well, I dont know about you lot......but

Tesco

The fact u can't enter buildings has been known for some time now. Did u ever read AN info off the sites at all??

It is also NOT an X-COM game, it is made in the SPIRIT of X-COM, which basiclly means it has elements u can relate to X-COM an others u cannot.

Also beforeu postedmaybe u could think that it could be ur drivers or something internal stopping it installing, maybe finding a fix by actully changing stuff around like gfx settings on ur card or something. Many times i had games not install on me until i changed my gfx drivers or altered certain settings etc.

Ur lucky i'm not a Moderator otherwise i woudla jsut deleted this topic the sec i shaw it tbh, so plz tone down ur posts an i know its frustrating, i too am frustrated as i don't have my copy yet due to some stupid small problems. But i think u went OTT here a lill m8.

I'm sure the developers feel like giving you a patch after that...

As Kal Cyann says, it's been known for a long time that you can't enter buildings. And even though this is sad, I don't think it matters. Neither does most of the people posting at the official boards.

As for your trouble, that is very sad, and I understand that you are angry. The devs have promised us a patch very soon, so let's hope that will help you. But write in a appropriate manner in this forum!

I cant actually see what difference a patch can be to me when I cant even install the damn game. Never know they may be able to do something. Im going to be p***ed if I have to send the game back as its going to cost me money to return it to Play.com. looking at a £30+ game after the cost of returning it.

My brother couldn't install the game due to some silly stacks error - he simply upgraded his graphics drivers to the latest and it runs as smooth on his AMD 800mHZ as on my AMD 1800 mHZ now.

There are several problems that I can see happening on various machines - try and make sure it's not because of up-to-date graphics/sound drivers, or that it can't simply be fixed by changing your display settings or you may feel a bit silly later :laugh:

My install hung for a while, but I left it to make a drink and it was fine when I came back. My advice to people who are having trouble is to be patient (assuming drivers are all updated!).

Did any of you get the impression that the install process hadn't been thought out very well? For a start, to install the game you insert the PLAY disc, not the INSTALL one. And then, halfway through, you are prompted to switch the UFO_PLAY disc for CD_2 (rather than calling it the UFO_Install disc).

I just got the impression that 2 guys did the installer and they never even spoke to eachother.