Are there known issues?

Yossarian

Hi,

Bought the game today, eager as anything to play...

Get home, install, run - goes very very slowly during opening movei - so slow that I can't wait (1 frame a second or something).

thne in the menu its all fuzzy (which the readme says is an ati ailliasing thing but I've got that off)

any idea?

My machine:

2.4ghz P4

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

768 mb RDRAM PC1066

d

I have a fairly similar system to yours and had exactly same issues.

I have a P4 3ghz (with hyper threading), 800Mhz Bus

1Gb RAM

Audigy 2 Sound Card

ATI 9700 Pro card

I turned off the anti-aliasing and bingo works fine!

From the desktop, right click and PROPERTIES>SETTINGS>ADVANCED>OPEN GL (and went also went to) DIRECT 3D tabs

Unticked the "application preference" box for both OpenGL and Direct3D and bingo, smooth intro and menu (thats as far as I got, came here to help others :angel: )

On some other threads it mentions running at 60khz refresh, Im running on 100 with no probs (...yet) and 1152*864 res, gonna try pumping that res. up a tad though..hope this helps

If not try driver update

Yra its anti alaising that is the culprit here. Also though try setting ur texture aligment bar to different settings, this brings pixels back in some instances.

U'll see it a lot if u have a tweak like Rivatuner or the like, setting's can knock pixels around. Helpful for some games but not for others.

Hi there. I have the same problem with the blured and smeared font, but no mater what I did or tried it is still there. I have a radeon 9000 pro and the latest catalist. I tried to disable FSAA in openGL. Doesn't work. I disabled the direct 3d from dxdiag. Doesn't work. Switched the FSAA setings in every posible position. Doesn't work. Adjusted the texure detail level. Doesn't work. The font is still blured. I begin to wonder why the hell I bought the game in the first place :laugh::P . Can anyone please hep me?

Thanks,

Nicodimus.