My good for nothing lazy troops

M.I.B.

I've had an interesting scenario/bug:

After completing the russian base mission, all of the existing missions and any new missions that appear automatically get completed a short time later. Even if a new mission appears and I send the helicopter immediately, the mission gets completed before the helicopter arrives .....

Might have to go back to an old saved game .........

Ok, let me clarify that a previous reply that I made here was mistaken by another thread I've read recently. My apoligies for the mistake, now on to a proper reply

Can you see the biomass? Missions get autoresolved if "devoured" by the biomass, but they will all lose

Edited by Kret

Thanks.  The game isn't quite the same without being able to do the missions ... although I am curious as to how far I could get by continuing!

Well, by this point the CoE are quite skilled, so I'm guessing far. Not much fun as you say though :laugh:

Is it only Base missions wich are getting automatically resolved shortly after they appear?

Are other missions being resolved near the base mission ones? (or relatively near)

It is odd that you're already done with the Russian Dreamland Base and you haven't dealt with any spots of biomass.

Anyway, if both questions are answered with a 'Yes' then it's not a bug, but rather how the game's territorial influence works. If you've managed to accomplish enough missions close to a particular territory you might max out your influence over it and win the territory and it's base without having to do the base mission itself. Heck, there's been people reporting capturing 4-5 bases in europe for the price of one mission.

All missions were being resolved except for downed UFO's.

Sorry a correction - I could see the Biomass spreading in Eastern Russia/Asia & Africa but it was not yet in my territory.

I did play around with it for a bit before going back to an old saved game last night and I was wondering as I had been completing missions a couple of territories away from my existing territory I was wondering if the game was trying to fill in the link between my main batch of territories and where I have been operating.