New Combo-Mod and fan-fiction!

Slaughter

Yes, the SpecOps do retreat. I said they were slow to retreat. But, they can stand there and take more damage before they feel the need to turn tail and run.

Actually, one of the coolest things I saw in Aftermath was with the ComboMod3. I had SpecOps rushing me from all directions.

It was a luckly lob of a grenade that landed right in the middle of three of the SpecOps and they all three fell simultaneously, and they were all three dead from one grenade. It looked really cool!

Like I said, a lucky toss, which saved me a lot of grief, because on average, you have to lob about three grenades near to one SpecOp soldier in order to get that soldier to drop, or so it seemed to me.

my lucky break was living through the first 3 ops missions after that my guy went u[p to lvl 8 quickly..and let me tell you he was good..i had anouther sniper on lvl 6 but was killed by a lurker gun

and my special dood saved 3 other by throughing a smoke nade from god knows how far awy on his excelant skill of thouing....well he was great

he used an ak and a usp..let me tell you that usp saved him so many times..and the fives seven saved him on a base...thankgood for hard damdge for pistols..and high fire rates

i have found a small bug..the g3 rifles burts mode still sounds the same as before even though i gave it a full auto mode..i guess that can be fixed

and boy will you be suprised at what little gift i'm working on for you guys

The green enemy (Calcinite or DeepOne) is NOT in the ComboMod. I deleted it and all it's files after the complaints back in the old RBMod. Sorry.

But as i said, they were merely copies of Fulbys raiders.

And the full auto mode works fine, really good addition, BA!

• 2 weeks later...

I possibly found a small glitch in the ComboMod, the alien laser pistol (not the advanced one) can't reload properly and crashes the game. This is maybe caused by a typo in the power usage. It has 1000 capacity and uses 80 per shot. That makes 12.5 shots. I think the game can't handle half shots :laugh: and decides to crash. This only happens when you reload the empty weapon, after some crazy reloading animation that lasts for several seconds, the game crashes.

Shall i fix it and re-upload the Combo-Mod? BA seems to be offline for some weeks, but i could do that easily. What do you think? Shall i re-upload?

edit: I rechecked my idea and it seems the power usage is as it is in the unaltered game. There has to be something else causing that glitch...

After several minutes of testing i came this far: The alien regular laser pistol is somehow flawed. You can shoot more often than the number of the ammo allows. And it doesn't do any damge with that "phantom-shots"

Here the test scenario: A guy armed with the laser pistol (and one replacement cartridge) shot 12 times at the ground. Ammo-cartridge has to be replaced as there is now only a half shot left in it, which you can see after reloading in your backpack, saying something like 40 of 1000 if you hover with your mouse cursor over it.

Now it gets interesting:

The next twelve shots are done as usual. Then the unit tries to reload.

Three different things can happen now from my experience:

1. The unit shoots one time and reloads again, this is repeated as long as you keep shooting. One shot, reload, one shot reload etc.

2. The unit shoots continously without any trouble AND without any ammo left in the weapon. Those shots do NO damage.

3. The unit reloads for several seconds (~20) and the game crashes.

This is NOT caused by the mod, as the stats for the laser pistol haven't been changed at all. I think it's a game-bug. And it now i understand the situation, where after a long fight an reticulan hits you with its laserpistol and you receive no damage.

This bug was maybe undiscovered for so long as the alien laser pistol is a weapon that nobody uses. So basically my first idea (12.5 shots -> bug) is right. Iirc there should be some other weapons that have that "half shot" problem, too. I will check them out and report back.

Lazerrifle, BFG9000 and some other weapons had the same problem and/or another problem with the power usage. I

I corrected them and the weapons work now without crashing the game!

One problem is left now: As Lurker found out some time ago updating your mod doesn't sometimes update all stats of the weapons already in your store. This means if you want to get rid of that bug, you would have to restart a new campaign OR delete all buggy weapons from your storage room.

This could be done by giving them to a newbie unit and dismiss him.

Alas, i will compile and upload the corrected version. The link will stay the same. It isn't a big bug and most users would NEVER find it, but a corrected version of the mod is better than a buggy game.

Did you guys ever get time to apply the face to the 'bucket heads' in the ComboMod 3? I was wondering what happened there. Did BlackAlmaz find the time to update that or fix that in the newer version of ComboMod 3? He did have a face for the new enemy.

I did notice with the laser that it kept shooting even after the power cell was dead. I just thought that that was already there in 1.3 of Aftermath, but if the mod can fix the flaw, well . . .

BlackAlmaz wanted to send me the models but i din't receive them yet, so no other update for now :laugh: and i hope that my fix did correct all those bugs, the crash and the long reload were gone, but i will have to test the "phantom-shot" thing some more. It could be that this is caused by a hardcode-bug...