Demo and more reviews...

Slaughter

First of all I'd like to point out that HQ have a demo countdown, and it says 5 days left. I know there are many of you out there that have been waiting for this, so enjoy!

There are also two new reviews out. First one is from BonusWeb.cz, and they rewarded Aftermath 75%. Second one is from Gry-Online, and they rewarded it 77%. Since I read neither Czech nor Polish, I couldn't tell you what they say about the game, but maybe one of our readers could give a short summary...? ;)

Yeah I am Polish so I can read this article and I do not agree with them. Ufo:Am got only 70% ! They say it is a good game but is much poorer then Ufo:Enemy Unknown. They say that Polish translation sucks because marines usually shout! I completely don`t agree with that and the summory of gry-online is that it is a good game worth playing but... as they say : "It is good that Ufo:AM is but we still wait for our Messiah". Bullshit.

I did not read entire review because it is too big and it sucks ;)

I got the game yesterday and I mus say IT IS EXTREMALY VERY VERY COOL!!!

It should get 90-95 %! Ahh the music - it is superb! Man I LOVE the GAME !!!

Just must think of some tactics against these damn mutants with guns...just started playing and since I don`t have the manufacture base I cannot produce any sniper ammo or rifles right? Or am I wrong? So I keep on using shotguns and granades but this is tricky and difficult...well I am playing "save and-if sth goes wrong-load" ;)))

THIS GAME IS MOST EXCELLENT (I wrote to Martin my thanks for it).

Keep Up the good job Altar and all you guys keeping this page and forum alive !

Well Im from Czech republic and I have to write about BonusWeb.cz 's review almost same thing as Centauris wrote about Gry-online's review.They say its mostly good game but its much worse than original Ufo:The Enemy Unknown.They feel that UFO:Am isn't as good as it should be.They see new UFO's atmospere as varying between good and bad.They find it's missions repetitive.They are also reflecting localization- good texts,awful dabing.Overall they are rather disappointed.

I must say that I completely disagree with them.I believe that BonusWeb's ranking (75%) is now lowest in Czech Rep. (Score 86,Level 8.2/10 and Games.Tiscali.cz 85%)I thing that BonusWeb often tends to underestimate good games.

My personal ranking is someting between 90-95 %(same as Centauris),atmosphere etc. is great,but I cannot say anything about localization-I have english version :-)

I agree with Hiccup - BonusWeb did what is not very good for any GAME - too much COMPARING to a SOLO LEGEND of a TOTAL MAJOR MEANING TO ALL GAMES EVER Published ... first UFO was so unique that AM is probably never able to be so great - due to many changes in games business for example or many other aspects ;) ... Do not compare - PLAY and say HOW Good it really is ...

Well I must say thet we cannot compare Ufo:Enemy Unknown with UFO:Am. I have been playing UFO:Am for about 3 days now and must say it is excellent game indeed and very ... diferent from UFO:EU. If you do compare these two games than yes i agree that UFO:Am is much simpler and poorer then EU.

But EU is a legend something that cannot be repeated I think just like Starcraft.

I am astonished that no-one for so many years didn`t even try to build a game like X-Com until now. Anyways the game kicks as* and it is one of the best games I played ener ! Altar rocks ! I don`t even miss going into te buildings. The one thing that little bothers me is too poor management like I cannot produce 10 armours at one time and so on.

This game is excellent and it should get 90-90% in all magazines !

IN RESPONSE TO XCOM AND UFO COMPARISONS I THINK ITS BEST TO KEEP IN MIND THE STORY DIFFERENCES 1ST XCOM IS A DEFENSIVE OUTFIT FUNDED TO DEFEND THE EARTH AGAINST ALIENS ATTEMPTING TO INVADE,2ND THEY HAVE ALL THE RESOURCES OF THE WORLDS GOVERNMENTS POTENTIALLY AVAILABLE TO THEM,AND THESE RESOURCES ARE BASED ON CURRENT AND FAMILIAR ECONOMICS.BUT UFO IS SET AFTER THE DESOLATION OF AN INVASION AND IS ABOUT SCATTERED SURVIVORS SEARCHING FOR EACH OTHER AND BANDING TOGETHER TO FORM A RESISTANCE AND ATTEMPT TO TAKE BACK EARTH.THERE IS NO MORE CURRENT WORLD ECONOMICS SUCH AS MONEY AND MASS INDUSTRY BUT MERELY WHAT THEY CAN SCROUNGE TOGETHER OR CAPTURE,SO IT IS FEASIBLE TO LACK SOME OF THE MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES AS XCOM DID.SURE ITS A BIT OF AN EXCUSE BUT IT HOLDS TRUE TO THE STORY...ALSO I AGREE STARCRAFT ROCKS! IT IS A RARE OCCURENCE TO FIND A TRULY UNIQUE GAME THAT IS ALSO TRULY GREAT,MOST GAMES LOOK GREAT BUT FAIL TO LIVE UPTO THEIR IMAGE ESPECIALLY IN THE LONG RUN. ;)