3D boxshot...

Thorondor

Hi, everybody ! :-)

As you can see above, I'm Thorondor and I usually hang out at the official boards; and someone *wink* Slaughter *wink*, has somehow managed to comission me to post some news here for a short while.

::

So, let me get my feet wet:

Now available for comfortable viewing at Amazon is this large 3D boxshot of UFO: Aftermath.

For a change, it seems like we'll be getting enough room for a - real - manual :)

It was a sad day when games tirned into DVD boxes...But now its a fact , and i dont wanna return , then i cant have my game collevtion in the same shelf , and that would look lame.

All my "old boxes" are under the stairs , dusting down...

And now that we have the DvD covers , i agree that they take too much space...

Personally, I prefer the old, larger boxes, as well.

They do take extra room, but in exchange you get a manual instead of a non-descript file like nowadays (.pdf or .doc).

This is added value. You pay the same price as for those slim DVD cases, and you can actually -hold- a real, and reasonably sized, manual with art and other such goodies to boot. On top of that you can even store extra disks holding all the game's patches or modding tools,etc. that might get released afterwards in the box's available space.

Everything neatly stored in the same container, so that later you won't have to frantically look around for any of it amidst the piles of CD's and assorted disks...

::

Maybe it's just me, but the new DVD cases used for games just seem less for the same price tag. And less of a collector's item too, in my opinion.

:devil: I think the same WAY - for example Tomas Kucerovsky - lead artist made some beautiful pictures and art which can really make the PRINTED MANUAL a collectors ITEM - I am from Czech and I am a big COMICS fan so I knew Tomas and his COMICS books quitte well and believe me it is GREAT what he can Draw ... I like the BIG BOXES as well but you know nothing stays as it was - time is changing - as Peter Drucker ( management GURU ) said - We are living in turbulent times - TIME IS GOING ON with the great PLAYING TIMES behind me :blink: - I am 22 so my life CONSIDERING COMPUTER GAMING MANIA actually ended when I was 18 :) But stil something in me which wants to PLAY PLAY but it is no more as powerfull as it was :dontgetit: Hope for THE BIGBOX and maybe some bonus like POSTER INSIDE it