GameCenter.cz visiting the ALTAR HQ

Slaughter

As Jiri mentioned earlier in the forum, Robert from GameCenter.cz visited the ALTAR HQ this week. He has now put together a article about the trip, and you can find it here. It's in Czech, so I can't tell you what it contains. But there's some pictures taken at the ALTAR HQ, so you should take a look even if you don't speak Czech. Any volunteers for translating this? Post the translation as a reply to this thread if so.

did you disable hardware acceleration for your graphics card ? if not do so ;)

https://www.xcomufo.com/x3dl.html

there you find all the stuff needed :blink:

P.S i run xp prof corp edition and beside some crashes every 2-3 hours (out of game of course) it runs perfect here :) if you need the vdm sound tool to emulate a sb card or need the tool to fasten up the mouse gimme a shout and i`ll mail it to you :eh:

Hello from Czech republic to all ENGLISH speaking UFO fans ... I am a big XCOM fan and I can translate that small article for you - in the future we can maybe cooperate more ... I also work for CZECH TV as an external reviewer for a program called GAMEPAGE and we made a small preview recently and plan a visit to ALTAR in a month .

TRANSLATION > Summary

First two paragraphs are not important - They say * Welcome to our gallery of Un-exclusive and Exclusive UFO pictures . First we present older pictures and then provide you with the latest exclusives from our visit ... Than 4+6+3 older pics follows .

Than comes the important part [ paragraph before the 9New pics ]

"And finally our exclusive material from our visit to ALTAR last week . You will find here pictures from one city [uRBAN] mission taking place in southern Europe. We find our team , consisting of four soldiers with various weapons and equipment , eliminating two mutants .

On the screens you can also see in action full screen HARDWARE lighting effects ,which is visible when the rocket is closing to its target . The more "savage" natured readers can enjoy the blood - from both your team & mutants .

You can see that authors are really trying to use a lot of details and whatsmore its stil only a "In the making alpha version" According to Altars graphicworkers the models of characters and mutants will improve quite significantly . AND BELEIVE US IT LOOKS MUCH BETTER when MOVING !

Bye Tom E. :blink:

As a representative of the staff here at UfoAftermath.co.uk I can promise you we'd like to cooperate more closely with you Ghostrider. And thank you for the translation! I'm having my Easter vacation right now though, so we'll have to discuss this more closely next week. Cheers!

I agree - maybe you can allways send me the czech text you want to read in ENGLISH & I can translate it for you ... And also I will send you any info I can get directly from talking to Martin Klima - He will probably be on a VIETCONG party - 24.4.2003 Game LAUNCH Czech version in Prague - it is a 80% that he is going to be there ... So do not hasitate to send me any czech txt - of course only shorter ones please - you understand ... :blink: