New COTW, Publisher Deal, and Lots More!

ooda

Well, it's a great day for UFO: Aftermath, and ALTAR Interactive.

ALTAR Interactive has signed a publishing deal for UFO: Aftermath.

"ALTAR Interactive is pleased to announce that the publisher and worldwide distributor of our upcoming strategy game, UFO: Aftermath, will be Cenega Publishing, publisher of Knights of the Cross, Another War and the upcoming title Shades: Wrath of Angels and Korea: Forgotten Conflict. UFO: Aftermath is currently scheduled for release in Q2/Q3 2003."

This is from a quote from a message received from Petr Bulir and Jiri Rydl.

This is great news for UFO: Aftermath, as now the speculation of finding ALTAR finding a publisher is over. Congratulations to ALTAR on finding a publisher, and well done to Cenega Publishing for signing UFO: Aftermath up.

Related to the publishing and distribution deal, I have uploaded the official press release for UFO: Aftermath. Included is five new screenshots.

Gamespot have conducted a new Q&A with ALTAR Interactive. This is some great publicity for UFO: Aftermath, though it is also a good read. Actually, this Q&A is a damn good read, with some great new screenshots. Highly recommended.

As if this wasn't enough, we have a new creature of the week. This one seems to be a disfigured human. Gets one thinking, what the hell are the ALTAR artists on? :blink:

In relation with ufoaftermath.co.uk, expect some updates very soon. As stated previously, I have uploaded the Press Release, and I have also uploaded the latest Development Diary. Over the next week, I plan to have the gallery updated with all the current shots of the game. Over the next day or two, I'll be uploading a new press section, which will include copies of all, or at least most of the interviews, previews, and Q&A's conducted on UFO: Aftermath. Overtime, this will include translations of things which are in a foreign language.

I've also got some other updates planned, but I won't reveal all my secrets.

Links

UFO: Aftermath Press Release, Including New Screenshots

ALTAR Interactive

Cenega Publishing

Gamespot Q&A

Finaly there is some news on this page.

I remember someone promised weekly update , that is not quite right , but if there is no news , there is no news , so that is okey!

I remember a year ago , UFO:Aftermath will be in the stores around Q4 2002/Q1 2003 , now that times has passed , they push the limit to Q2/Q3 2003.

I was looking forward the new year with this game instaled on my PC , so i could dig myself away from the outside world with this game i waited for so long.

Anyway...Why do you always have to add 6months - 2 years ?

If a game will be realesed in 2001 , probably it will be in the shelf 2002 , or if youre realy unlucky , 2003.

Cant the creaters of games just Shut the f*** up!!??!!

Maybe im just beeing paranoid now , but...I got a fast ADSL line , maybe i shouldnt be so loyal with buying games anymore , i can download for free....

That was a joke , but if this keeps up , all this crap from the creaters of games , ill do the same as MANY others , ill D/L software/games.

Another thing that bugs my ass off , PC games also cost a fortune in Norway...

The damn state of norway gotta have 24% taxes on EVERYTHING...!

LoL , i guess i sound like a crazy anarchist too now..?

:blink:

Excuse me, but if I hear you say anything else bad about the guys at ALTAR, you are going to be in big trouble mister. I speak as both an admin and reigning queen of the forums. If you don't like their development schedule, tough. They are working very hard, and they have had several obstacles to overcome. Now, talk nice or you may find your next post reads like the lyrics to "I'm a Little Teapot." :hmmm:

I think it would be best to cut some ALTAR some slack. UFO:A is ALTAR's biggest project to date, which is made even more difficult due to the fact that they are a relatively small developer.

You also have to take notice of that up to this point, ALTAR had no publisher for this game. This meant that ALTAR was creating UFO:A with the possible conclusion that it would never be released.

ALTAR is doing a great job in my opinion. I have the admit that I don't like this latest trend in the gaming industry of increasing deadlines, but there's nothing we can do.

Tammy - Its not only the creators of UFO , so....Its games in generall , but sometime back , it was said that UFO would be done by new year 2002/2003

Ooda - What you said calmed me down , thanks...

But anyway , the developers should be more carefull what they promise to people!

And , no matter what happens , ill buy UFO from the store!

Even if it wont be done intil 2005........

In my opinion , there are 4 classic games that have put a "standard" for all other games : IndianaJones , UFO-Enemy unknown , Monkey Island and Syndicate.

I dont doubt that altar can create a great UFO game , and they dont seem to kill the game as it was from the beginning!!! GREAT Altar!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

But for the other games , Monkey Island and Indiana Jones in full 3D , that ruind the fun.

Syndicate has no followers , so i cant say more about that....

Talking about Indiana Jones in 3D, it is in development at the moment - Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.

I think developers should be careful with deadlines, but I think that setting them a bit further wouldn't hurt. I mean, almost every game I have seen this year has been delayed. Vice City was delayed, Simcity 4 is delayed, and the list goes on.

I think that one problem that UFO:A faces is that it will no doubt always be compared to X-COM. This is due to the fact that the first X-COM was UFO: Enemy Unknown. When people see this, they assume that UFO:A is a sequel to UFO:EU. I hope that when people go out and play UFO:A that judge it on its own merits, and not comparing it to X-COM.

Now, talk nice or you may find your next post reads like the lyrics to "I'm a Little Teapot."

hey! that's my trick! ???

*grumbles*

*rolls eyes* :blink:

Sorry, sweetheart, but it was the first thing that came to mind. :) I suppose I could've threatened him with something else..... :eh:

All good things come to those that wait!

All I can say is, ALTAR take all the time you need don't rush your masterpiece for some wining Nord that's threatening the gaming industry with Piracy.

Oh and Nord. If you don't like your taxes here are the following solutions:

1) Immigrate to the North Pole! (No taxes there, and no-one can here you moan).

2) Vote for a different political party promising tax reform.

3) Or storm the Storting take hostages and demand that the current regime lower taxes or you'll start killing them one by one.

In other words shut up.

Say that twice , and i might do that...Kidding.

But isnt a promise a promise?

Anyway , i wont rush into "stortinget" and take hostages.

Besides , nobody is ever gonna make sure we get lower taxes in norway.

And , i dont download games , even if i got a FAST ADSL connection.

But lets put the axe down now , im gonna spend my 500Nkr on the game (25% goes to the state) , and we can all be happy!!!

I get my pleasure and desire

The state gets its share

And ALTAR gets its share

:angel:

Thats okey Tyrant , i guess youre from norway too since you know what im talking about?

Anyway , does anyone have the preview movie of UFO `?

The link to that checkian page doesnt work...

So im asking someone here to plz share it with me...

Send me a private message , or just ask for my email or something...

Thanks no matter what the result will be! :blink: