Beta Tester's needed

BladeFireLight

I'm currently working on a major project (that I will anouche one I have secured a website for it.)

I have 5 replacements UFO's for the med scout (10x10 saucer).

(thease are reworks of the Map pack1 and New UFO maps, I have fixed the issues with them, with permission of course, now they work corectly)

I'm looking to test them out so any one interested, see the link below.

You will need Xcomutil (version 6 or newer, but I recomend 9.3x)

You also nead a zip program that can open RAR files WinRAR works best

This replaced the u_bits.mcd u_bits.tab and u_bits.pck files in the terrain direcory, so back them up before you extract the files.

Just copy the contence of scout.rar into your ufo directory.. it should place the files in the correct locations and place a xcomutil.rnd file in the root of the game.

Xcomutil will randomly select from the original and new maps for ufo_110 each time you start a new combat.

If you have issues or comments please post them to this thread

-Blade FireLight

• 2 weeks later...
I've been having problems when I attack supply ships. They land, I launch transport, mission doesn't start but it gives me the rating from the previous mission. (Handy cheat if you've just got a great score, send several transports and get loads of points and artifacts. :P )

sounds like your route file for the Supply ship is missing it's spawn Nodes.

The set of maps, linked above, only replaced UFO_110 (Medium Scout)

If ths problem started after you installed the new maps try this...

in the UFO root dir. open xcomutil.rnd. it should contain 1 line starting with UFO_110

if there are any other lines, delete them.

Then from the DOS prompt go to the maps directory and type this

copy *.xcu *.map

and in the routes directory

copy *.xcu *.rmp

this will restore all the mpas from the backups created by xcomutil

(I had a version of xcomutil.rmp in the scout.rar file that had more than one line and caused some maps to be replaced with randomly generated ones. That was only online for 30 min's. and the one Linked above is working now, sorry if that caused any one problems. [ Thanks to Browneyes :inlove: for calling that problem to my attention.] )

-Blade

Played several games with your new designs included. Found no flaws so far.

The new scouts add some variety to the most famous game called "rookie killing". The designs give them a fair chance to enter the UFO without getting killed immediately. Now they are shot when they leave the elevators. :P

Anyway, I like the new designs. Thanks.

R .

Makes good use of the inablity to shoot down gravlift bug. But now you have sectiods shooting down from the top level. I say it's a fair exchange. :P

One time I used XcomUtil to put a medium scout in urban terrian. Only had some messed up road that was about 5x5 with elerium in the middle.