Apoc Fanfic discussion

The Veteran

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-COM is a corporation now, not a governmental organization. Money isn't a problem, if necessary, we could probably request a budget increase from the corporate headquarters. No, the problem is that X-COM has a competitor, Marsec. If we don't do a good enough job, the government will kick us out of the city and give the job of fighting the aliens to Marsec.

Well over 50% of XCom's funding comes from the senate. It is still a governmental organisatian and until recently it was still operating around the world in top secret. (in fic terms obviously!) If the government is not happy with XCom they can close them down with a single word. True enough if XCom had the funds it could go on to acquire some more land, equipment, troops, staff etc. But they just simply don't. XCom is virtually bankrupt right now. First they had to pay fopr damages to the senate which was thousands of $$$. Now they have millions of $$$ damage to the city at large. Funding IS a problem. It's a bigger problem than the aliens by a long shot!!!

Just to outline the way the fic is going... Very briefly......

Xcom is almost bankrupt due to damage to the city

Cult is weakened but grown extremely powerful and influential in the city

Senate has money troubles of its own due to alien cult and gang invasions

Harding is in league with the Cult somehow and trying to shut down XCom

Mutant alliance is opening talks of alliance with the cult

• 4 weeks later...
Yep, had to get Pete back in there. :) Go take a peek if you haven't, Pete! I can't decide what to do about Warlord's character. It's obvious he doesn't plan to do anything with him, and it doesn't seem right for someone to take him over, but he's a major character. I suppose someone could ask Warlord if he minds if we kill him off? I don't know what's best.

• 4 weeks later...
heya im kinda new to this forum but i am kinda interested in posting some fanfic... what exact rules do i follow? i dont know about the frequency of posts but whatever character i make could be a universally controlled character (anyone could do stuff to him just dont permanently er... disable him :) )

Hey niml, go read the fanfiction rules topic in, duh, fanfiction... That'll tell you everything you need to know. Then go to the apoc character profiles (or UFO if you'd rather) Make a character then put it up for approval. I should do it within a day if you're lucky but someone will always be around to take a peek if I'm not :) Once your character has been either edited or accepted then you can post in the fic!

Go now and read the rules... No seriously... They're about six pages long :)

Howdy, I like to read the fanfic that y'all have all come up with and I check back often to see whats new. I recently have wanted to read Apoc, but it is so long to read on-line. Does anyone have the entire Apoc fanfic in a word document to print out to read at my leisure? If so please let me know.

Thanks

I have a 100% up to date version of the Apoc fanfic but the UFO fic is only 50% updated. Check back later for that one!

If you want the Apoc fic though just send me an email address and your credit card details and we'll sort something out :) Yeah I'm joking. I don't need your email address... Credit card info will do :)