De-brief trade off

Strong Bob

You may have noticed that there hasn't been a written de-brief for last week's sim. Well I managed to squeeze in time to do it last week, but during a mini sim, I was hosting for Hoz this sunday, there was a short power failure across the city and the de-brief (Among a gigantic quantity of other random files) was deleted. Apologies to you Hoz, for bailing on you like that.:blush: The rest of you can probably guess how eager I am to rewrite it... However, currently my personal life has been heavily getting in the way of my XCAS work, and I doubt I will be able to put off enough time this week or next to rewrite the de-brief or even write next week's de-brief for that matter.

But I also don't wanna leave the de-brief field completely, so I was wondering if there's anyone here who'd like to volunteer switching off the writing of de-briefs every week. If necessary, I could put off some time this weekend to make a very small de-brief, AKA: a de-brief of exceedingly low quality and information, of last week but I'd prefer it be done right. But next week's de-brief is almost certainly a no show from me. ;)

So... Anyone interested? Either this or the de-briefs will be posted late much more often than they should be. ;)

Do you write your De-briefs in paper before actually posting them? :blush:

Do you then write them on Notepad and save frequently? ;)

Do you ONLY then COPY and PASTE and POST them on the site? :)

(If you already do,look down) ;)

1) Nope. :)

2) I always write them in microsoft word, Win 98 version, and yes I save often. The whole file was deleted in the power outage.;)

3) Yes. What else would I do to get it up here? :dontgetit:

Although it is strange that entire files would get *deleted* by a power outage unless it wasnt saved, I guess it is possible (as Bob experienced it), and either way it doesnt really matter: The file was lost, so it will need to be typed up again :blush: I would help with the debriefs myself, but I'm afraid I dont have enough time myself either ;)

Ghost, I'm guessing the sudden shutdown of my computer probably corrupted something. So far the files I found lost were pretty random, mostly stuff I had used recently. I'm also having a few video card problems in regards to the drivers, so it's not limited to XCAS stuff. It's not too much of a deal though, I have a second computer hooked to the network that I can use as a backup for most of the damage. :blush:

Anyways, c'mon people, there's gotta be someone with the hour to spare typing up a de-brief once a week. I'm trying not to abandon the field completely here, I'd ask Loonie because of his prior experience but...;)

The only thing to go on would be the week before's log. (Luckily I have it saved in your E-mail that you sent DH.) I'll just throw that little thing back at you if you want. I'd have asked you to begin with, but you appear a bit busy with Kappa.

But still, my hard drive is no biggie. Most of the important stuff I keep on it is also uploaded onto my webspace, for now it's not acting up at all. Although that doesn't mean anything...

Still, even if you write the de-brief DH, I'm sorely short of time for the next week. I need someone to do a semi-weekly trade-off for the responsibility over the de-briefs. Either that, or we abandon the concept completely, which I don't think is a good idea.