XCAS Roleplay 2

Ghost

<<I'll take on Cyriacus's role for the forums here, as I can't really use Ghost nor Fox as neither are on the Patton>>

The colonel stepped out of the commander's office, and started walking over to Yorke's office. The Patton was currently flying on automatic controls, with the shipboard computer set up to alert him if something was not as it should be or if it spotted hostiles on the sensors. Nevertheless he probably should return to the bridge soon, after he got this done.

On the way to the med bay he came across lieutenant Kacur, though the colonel was in a bit of a rush, so didn't really pay much attention to him, and the lieutenant didn't seem to pay much attention back either anyway.

As the colonel approached the medical bay, he saw Goorit and Xiggores exiting the door, the former looking quite angry. He wondered what was the matter there, but assuming Yorke had already taken care of the matter, didn't think of it that much anymore when he opened the door. Looking around and finding the med bay in a bit of disarray after Goorit's smashing around his psycho fist, he looked a bit surprised, though managed to hide that pretty well.

"Hello there doc, redecorating the place?"

Yorke looked up, as he was just busy trying to clean up some of the broken glass on the floor.

"Not quite sir, an issue with corporal Goorit's new bio-mechanical arm. The matter has been taken care of already though, so it should pose no further problems."

Cyriacus nodded at the explanation given and proceeded to the business at hand.

"Excellent, anyway I wasn't here to discuss your taste in office decorations. The commander wanted to know how the crew of the supply ship was doing, if there are any problems with them, and how the treatment of the wounded is coming along."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rallwell had attempted one swipe with a handy wrench before Goorit ran away... and had missed. Unfortunate, she had thought to herself angrily as Goorit streaked away, yelling something incoherent. That bloody moron is going to get us all killed.

She wasn't on the ship hull right now though. The surface of the Patton complete, she had returned to the engineering bay of the Patton. The ship's engines were starting to act up. Power transfers weren't quite so smooth between forward and reverse thrust... Something that had to be checked out, lest the ship run into some real problems later on.

With a cringe, Rallwell noted the arrival of Corporal Jackson. He had some sort of awful twitchy cold that made him somewhat unpleasant to be around - otherwise, Rallwell rather liked his company. He was quite the dangerous one though... usually to people around him. She waved over to him as he wandered by a cartridge container.

>>

As Chung studied the young scientist's work, he noticed a strange remote control/gamepad like device on the banch that Xiggores had left hehind.

"Hrm..." Chung wondered, "I wonder what it does."

For the first time in his life, he fiddled with something without takeing a more carful look at it...and as he was fiddling with the controls...

As CPL Goorit just reached Jackson, he noticed Rallwell was also there.

"Oh well, I may as well face her now..."

"Uhh....hi there Daniel...and Anne......" Goorit's voice trailed off as he saw Jackson turn around trying to stop laughing and seeing Rallwell with a look-that-could-kill on her face. "Uhhmmm...I'd like to apolagize for before, it seems thaaaa--" Goorit stopped in mid sentance as he watched in horror his arm come back to life again, this time seeming more random in movement. It was flinging around in all directions, smashing everything it came into contact with.

As Chung was messing around with the control, Xiggores stepped in.

"Hey, what are you--STOP THAT"

"What?"

"PUT THAT CONTROL DOWN!!! AND DON'T PRESS THE RED BUTTON"

"What? You mean this button?" Ki-tat said as he pressed the button.

"NOOOO!!!!!"

As both Jackson and Goorit tried to stop his arm, it suddenly stopped jerking around.

"Phew, that was close." Jackson said.

Goorit replied, "Yeah, like i was saaa--"

He stopped again as his arm came back to life. it reached out menicingly towards Rallwell...

<<Heh, alright this is getting out of hand. :blush: Goorit's arm is fine now, Ki-tat, Yorke fixed it. The original plan was to have Goorit's arm tampered by Xiggy so that he would unintentionally perform embarassing stunts. His arm wasn't supposed to flail about uncontrollably and destroy things. I guess that's what messed things up a bit. Anyways, glad to see you're back Ki-Tat, but let's all just mark off the arm incident as old news... Kay? ;) >>

Yorke nodded and picked up a datasheet with various numbers, names and abbrviations on it. "Well, most of the critical injuries have been stabilised, so most of them are off the danger list, two however arn't and to be quite frank we need to get them to a proper medical facilities, as right now I can't do anything about them other than try and stablise their conditions."

"Right."

He paused and then picked up another sheet. "Which brings me onto Howardson." He pointed to the comatosed Sergeant. "I want to put him into cyrogenic freezing, his condition will not improve while he is on the Patton, I can't do much else with him here, and he's taking up valuable bed space and time which given the conditions I can't really deal with it."

"As for the other injuried X-Com soldiers, well most of the injuries I've managed to deal with so far, however it is the psycological damage that is what I'm worried about, constant engagements and losses of their comrades." He was now so used to speaking in such a detached manner. "Is taking it's toll. As I've stated in my medical report, I'm concerned about Kacur in particular, but generally speaking the team as a whole is starting to crack under the pressure. Hell some time's I wonder if I'm suffering from PTS or am starting to crack, but needless to say, we can leave this problem for so long but the cracks could shatter or they could just hold together, basically the sooner we get some r&r" He wasn't going to say the obvious and say 'the sooner we get back to Earth' cause he knew it was nowadays more of a case of 'if' rather than 'when'. "I'll be able to deal with the PTS and those that I believe are suffering from it." But Yorke knew that even if he was able to repair the damage the scars would be perminant. "So other than a rather lenghtly list of requested medical supplies and equipment for production by engineering there isn't really much else, expect for the things I've already mentioned."

<<Alrighty Ki-Tat... ;) Have it your way, but I'm administering closure on it anyway. Shadow and Jacko haven't frequented the Roleplays in some time. So there may or may not even be a response to that. :blush: >>

Xiggores: Put that down!!!

Xiggores ran over to Chung and knocked the remote out of his hand with a quick left swipe, sending it clacking onto the floor. He then ran over to the remote and began stomping on it maniacally. After several moments, the remote lay in pieces, putting a stop to whatever trouble Goorit's arm may have been causing.

Xiggores: Oh god... I'm in enough trouble with Sergeant Yorke as it is... Oh no! If that bully Goorit runs off and says something... The Doctor's going to castrate me!

Turning back to a confused Corporal Chung, Xiggores practically exploded in a way he doesn't often do.

Xiggores: Don't ever touch my things you creep! This is my stuff, do I ever fidget around with your things? You ask before you touch!

Realizing he had just talked back to a superior officer...

Xiggores: *Gulp* Sorry sir... I... I just do a lot of private projects here! Please sir, at least ask me before touching them. You might get hurt.

Xiggores looked Ki-Tat in the eye, hoping for forgiveness from his confusing actions.

<<Tag Chung, if you want. ;) >>

***Meanwhile, on the Patton's observation deck (Or the nearest equivalent if it doesn't have one.)**

Joseph was standing in his casual uniform staring out one of the Patton's viewports. There was nothing in his view but stars and blackness, despite the planet Yulinis being just outside the adjacent window, he didn't care for looking at an alien world anymore. He wanted to feel like he was closer to home now, looking at the stars from this viewport made him feel like Earth was just around the corner.

Granted, the patterns of the stars were far different than at home, but Scott knew nothing of constellations and such, if he blurred his vision enough it all looked the same. Just the same as looking into the night sky back in Rhode Island.

Scott: I'm a Sergeant again... But in name only. This isn't the same as on the force, I don't get casual dress privileges or a more powerful side-arm... I get responsibility, responsibility for the men and women under the command of Kacur and me.

He intentionally exhaled deeply onto the viewport glass, creating a translucent fog on the surface. With his right index finger he made a small happyface, in a weak attempt at keeping his sense of humor alive.

Scott: The lieutenant says I shouldn't think too hard on the past anymore. Both to keep my traumatic memories dead and to not have more surface themselves... Thinking of the past is my only drive... Despite what the mind suppression has done to me, I still hate him. Mostly for his foolhardiness in the past, but I guess the rest is more personal.

Scott had been hearing rumors all around him in recent time, regarding a supposed fight he had with Kacur in the past. There were numerous versions of the story, since nobody had said anything to Scott directly... Some people said that Scott had gone nuts and began shooting at Kacur out of dementia, some said that Kacur had turned into an irrational idiot after his "vacation" and attacked Scott to vent frustration, also some idiot cycled that Scott and Kacur were having an affair and Scott got jealous of Kacur and Fleche and attacked him...

Scott: Bullshit... All bullshit. Even though I can see Kacur being irrational, I can't see him stooping THAT low...

Scott's communicator started beeping, he slowly reached over and switched it on...

Kacur: (Over the comm.) Sergeant Scott. I need to see you in my office. There's something I need to speak to you about.

Scott: Uh, is this an order or a request?

Kacur: ... Both, I guess. I'm thinking of putting the squad officially under your command... I must discuss this with you at once. Please come immediately...

• 2 weeks later...

Scott: This is out of the ordinary... I'm still mad with the guy. But handing command of Alpha squad right over to me? Even after all the boring lectures of how "bad" I was doing?

Scott entered Kacur's office. The Lieutenant was sulking in his desk. Obviously he was depressed over something and also didn't look like he was even in the mood to talk. When he noticed Joseph in the doorway, he looked up with a semi-depressed expression. Neither of them spoke for several moments until Scott broke the silence...

Scott: You wanted to see me?

Kacur: (Fidgeting around with a pen on his desk) How many people have you seen killed when you were a cop?

Scott: (Surprised at the question) Uh... Not as many as you'd think. I got into firefights quite often, but I don't think much more than a few people died from my gun. Mostly just hospitalized.

Kacur: How did you ever deal with it? The thought of others being dead by your own hand...

Scott: I... Guess I looked at it logically. The people I killed would've likely killed those more innocent. The just thing to do would be to take them out first before more damage could be done.

Martin exhaled deeply and stood up from his seat. He walked around his desk and sat on the edge, almost face to face with Scott if he were not staring down at the floor.

Kacur: (As though ignoring Scott's response) Volkernas... Ilyuschenko... O'Conner... Scott I cannot handle this as good as I thought. I'm losing what trace of rational thought I have left. I'm finding myself unable to command with a cool head anymore...

Scott: We all have trouble dealing with shit like that, Marty. Even... Ahem...

Kacur: Scott, it got so bad that I lost it in the worst situation that could happen... I struck out against an officer under my command... I ignored you for so long, only for you to prove yourself three times in a row recently... I forced you to suppress your very past, your memories and experiences, just so the two of us could keep our very careers!

Scott stood silent for a moment. The good Lieutenant didn't seem stable, but not hostile either.

Scott: Is... Is this why you're passing command of Alpha down to me?

Kacur: Passing? Heh, no. I decided I didn't spend enough time away from all this. You have command now, but I will be working away from the field temporarily. You're in charge of everything related to Alpha squad now. I've spoken to the Commander, and he's agreed to the command rotation. I'll be working as his adjutant for a while, until I can get my head straight again... Until I can recondition myself to take death better...

Scott: (Not sure whether to try and comfort Kacur or simply leave him to his grief) I... You won't regret this decision sir. Besides, important personel like yourself belongs away from the danger of battle.

Kacur: Yes, whatever... Well, I'm not interested in a chat right now. Dismissed Sergeant.

Joseph hesitated, but he followed his order accordingly. He left Kacur's office, he was partially concerned for the guy. But he couldn't help but feel some empathy towards Kacur's inability to cope with death as well as the other soldiers. Scott could relate to that... But he learned to cope a much harder way.

Scott: 'Liz... It all comes back to you, doesn't it?

Yulinis VI, 20 July 2067

"Bulls***!"

Ko raged on while the rest of his teammates stood to the side, watching with some subdued level of interest. Kappa Team had been on planet for almost two weeks, and with no luck - the enemy had not even landed. Nobody had informed them, so they had run a hot combat drop right onto planet. They were fast to go underground, damn efficient. Ko was proud of that, but he wasn't happy that it had been for nothing.

The garrison commander was less than amused at the display of noise and vulgarity. "I do not control the enemy strategy, nor do I control the actions of our fleet. I merely report..."

"Bulls***," Ko spat again. "I demand to speak with the commander of the defence force, this is pure idiocy." Why they hadn't been informed, why there had been a breakdown in communications, was unknown, but it was appalling. Furthermore, they had been mostly kept out of contact with the naval ships operating - their sub-space communications relays had been confiscated.

"That is simply not possible. Not only is he busy, you are not even an Ascidian warrior..." The commander's voice trailed off as he looked at the special operations troopers in disdain. "You're hardly soldiers, sneaking around and stabbing others in the back. Where is the honour?"

Two of the Ascidian warriors from Rho Team immediately stepped forward to restrain Ko. Cursing and shouting the detailing the inferior physical, mental, and genetic characteristics of the garrison commander, Ko was dragged away from the office.

UGS Patton, Yulinis System, 28 July 2067

Rallwell checked the adjustments once again, with McBannok and Xiggores looking over her shoulder. Their work had paid off. The last test run of the nephilim suit had been almost successful, with the principles worked out by Xiggores and McBannok applying almost exceptionally to the current case. The current suit was a bit ghetto, but the next one, built entirely from scratch when they had the materials, would be a work of art.

"OK, stand by". Rallwell backed off as McBannok made the final checkover. McBannok looked over at Xiggores, who gave him the confirm. Everything was in order, everything was reading properly...

The suit as they had developed it needed to be warm in order to function, in addition to requiring a small amount of electricity. The battery was in a pouch that hung from the suit's belt and the suit, once warmed to skin temperature, had functioned almost perfectly... the heat transfer membrane had not be adequate though, so they had spliced together a better one, which was widely believed to be able to complete the 'disappearing' effect...

"Contact," McBannok said, and Rallwell held her breath as he activated the electrical stud. Their test dummy, a heated mannequin, started to warm, and slowly, all but the head of the suit disappeared. McBannok reached down for the hood, and pulled it over. Perfect.

With a scream of delight, Rallwell hugged and kissed both Xiggores and McBannok. Finally, the nephilim suit was done!

• 2 weeks later...

Aboard the bridge of the UGS Patton.

Joseph Scott and Brad Cyriacus were sitting at the helm. Brad was the one mainly operating the controls, mostly showing Scott how to pilot a full starship more effectively. It was becoming more apparent that Scott would be needing to expand his duties, what with his new rank, and his ability to pilot a ship needed to be honed to be prepared.

Cyriacus: One thing you need to remember is that you never accelerate the thrusters beyond the breaking point in an atmosphere. I was told you did that with the Avenger on a scouting mission not too long ago, it's not quite as bad with something as durable as one of those, but with the Patton you could easily tear the hull clean off. You get me?

Scott: Yeah, I got the lecture from Rallwell on that right after I did that. But thanks anyway.

Cyriacus: Yeah, she does get a bit nagging sometimes... Let's see... (Taps a few buttons on the console.) Hmm, how are you with ship gunnery?

Scott: Brad, may I ask you something?

Cyriacus: Uh, sure. What about?

Scott: What do you think is going to happen to Kacur? This his is second vacation in a row, and it didn't even take an overly violent mission to crack him this time.

Cyriacus: (Releasing the Patton controls as if mildly annoyed by Scott's question.) Christ, I'm surprised that the whole damn crew hasn't gone nuts already Joey. I'm surprised any of us has even held on to our emotions like this for so long. People like you aren't affected as much because you got your mind suppressed, but Kacur is a friggin' Psionicist. He's far more in touch with his emotions than any of us are.

Scott: So what you're saying is... He may have finally lost himself?

Cyriacus: I don't know... It takes nerves of solid ferronium to deal with all this with that kind of empathy. But forget about that! You and I are the only active pilots at the moment, and you need more experience... Now then, how's your gunning?

Meanwhile, in the UGS Patton Laboratory.

The Nephilim test was a success. Christopher Xiggores had suddenly fell silent and began to blush after Rallwell's hasty display of excitement.

Xiggores: Whoa Chris, give it a rest. She was just excited, that's all. W-Well then! I guess now that we've figured this stuff out he should find a way to get this thing to change the shape and size of the user. Heh heh, I mean, we've seen these things turn Ascadians into plants, balls, even complete replicas of the Commander. Stealth camo is only scratching the surface here, y'know.

Xiggores moved over to the invisible suit and pressed his finger hard against it. It was soft, it almost seemed impossible to do with this that he saw the API do before. Though it could just be possible that it was only an illusion cast by holograms, the reports say otherwise.

Xiggores: Hmm, well I think this could use more work. But if you fellahs really feel this is done with, we do have other more important things to research...

On board the bridge of the UGS Patton, after the previous talk between Scott and Cyriacus.

"Hmmm, your' gunning seems fair. Listen, I need to speak with you about something" stated the colonel as he looked around, making sure no one else was there

Scott: About what?

Cyriacus: Well, you know the mission we went on yesterday?

Scott: The one with the Osiris S&R, yeah?

Cyriacus: Well, remember how the engines of the avenger jammed when we tried to take off?

Scott: Yeah, you were stating something about how nothing was wrong with it. What was jamming it?

Cyriacus: This little bugger. *holds out a small, triangular device half an inch tall, 3 inches wide* We don't know what it is, but considering how the engines started moving again the moment I removed this odd device, it's safe to assume it's an engine jammer of some sorts. The question is, HOW did it get there?

Scott: Uh, good question. If it was INSIDE the avenger, that would mean it couldn't have been launched externally

Cyriacus: So it didn't come from the enemy battleship

Scott: So, do you suspect sabotage?

Cyriacus: Quite. It could be one of us, it could be one of the ascidians on board, but SOMEONE on the patton is a traitor. Think about it. The aliens knew our exact location when we warped insys. That, and they also knew of the subsequent emergency resupply, which as you probably well remember was taken over by the aliens for the sole purpose of surprise attacking us.

Scott: Thats a good point. Do you have any leads? Have you analyzed the device at all?

Cyriacus: Unfortunately, we have no leads at all. And we can't analyze the device further. We'd need engineering to do that, and frankly, though i don't mean that their' bad people, we have no evidence showing they are innocent. none showing their guilty, but none showing their' innocent. And I don't want anyone besides you, me, and the commander to know of this. If word gets out that we have suspicions, the culprit may take extra strides to hide his actions.

Scott: So, why are you telling me this, if I may ask?

Cyriacus: Primarily because you are the current lead of alpha, and with kacur's recent vacationing, seems like you will be for a while. This gives you the oppurtunity to question the team a bit, without raising any questions. But, until further developments arise, you are dismissed.

Scott: Yes sir! I'll keep an eye out for suspects.

<<OOC: UPDATE: Whoa, i posted this BEFORE reading the meeting notes (and subsequently finding out we wanted to have a traitor plot). How convenient that i already had a traitor story brewing, which this is the prelude of, though we could fit the new one into it instead :blush:>>

Yorke had finshed up for the day he'd finished treating some minor wounds and had given some regular check-ups that were due, but other than a few bits and bobs it had been a slow day. The slow humming of the main engines held firm in the background, it wasn't a maddening noise but it was one that never left you in the Patton.

Reviewing some reports from the support department, his department, showed that things were going resonablly well within, so far Xig's and Shadow had avoided any further scuffles, but Yorke wasn't going to ease up on either of them - especially Xig's. The Nepillim suit was going through it's final testings in the lab, so that was as good a reason as any to get out of his office. Looking over to the ever filling containment unit he saw that his work was slowly building up, but then with only one full time Doctor on the ship meant that things took time.

Worse yet, the PED project had fallen to a stand still recently due to lack of key components, yes he could design a drug, but normally this took years of testing, he'd been given the deadline of a few months. So now he was waiting on the Engineering department to fabricate some of the research equipment and a small drug producing refinery. It wouldn't take long however as ever they had more important projects to deal with, but given time it would be done.

The only problem was that full scale production wouldn't be possible, hell, they'd only be able to synthese enough drugs with the few Utopia Weeds they had for a handful, of people, and even then, most of it would be used up in testing leaving only enough for a couple of people. "Caught between a hull and a workload." Was what Yorke muttered as he got up and left the Office and made his way down to the research lab.

~Patton Research Lab~

Yorke strode into the research lab and looked around he had just caught the tale end of something that Xiggores had spoken. "-feel this is done with, we do have other more important things to research."

"Indeed we do, but first shall we fill me in on the status of the Nephillim Suit Project?" Said Yorke to the trio of engineers and scientists. Yorke noted the blush on Xiggores face quickly faded. "Well?" Asked Yorke in a pleasant voice.

Rallwell grinned as Xiggores blushed. He was sorta cute when he did that, it reminded her a bit of her Chris... "I agree, Chris. I would love to see this technology developed beyond the stealth phase, but right now I'm not sure it's going to be worthwhile. The material requirements are a big factor - we can use what we've got, but we don't have the ability to make more."

Chris started to talk about how it could use more work... He was such a perfectionist, it was good to have him as a scientist. Rallwell was about to disagree with him when Yorke strode into the room. Rallwell immediately sealed her mouth to keep her original comment from coming out.

"Indeed we do, but first shall we fill me in on the status of the Nephillim Suit Project? Well?"

Rallwell looked at first McBannok then Xiggores, then shrugged.. "Doctor, the nephilim suit project is complete, but the report is still in progress. Briefly though, the nephilim suit is activated at a certain temperature only - that's why when we kill them and they cool off, we can find the suits. We still don't know how they work though, but our prototype suit works after a fashion. Another two suits, maybe three, could be made with the remaining material, but after that we're out of luck without actually finding out more of the background principles behind nephilim... We have data from the API data pack that was seized a while back, but while it was enough to allow us to figure out how to make it work, it was not extensive enough to permit production." Rallwell felt like she was babbling, but looked to Yorke for his response.

>

"Hmm." Was the only response from Yorke. He paced up to the suit and ran a finger along the cold surface of the Nephillim suit. "Well then if you say that the project is complete, then it is complete, write up the report and have it on my desk and the CO's desk for tommorow if you please." He turned around and carried on. "As you say we might be able to fashion a couple of these suits that might be more combat adaptable, though, I feel with the current facilities we'd waste more of this Nephillim than we would at the NAO - though as ever that's up to command to decide what we plough on next with. And it's an Engineering matter as well." Yorke pointing to the computer which detailed all of the knowledge attained with regards to the Nephillim. "Perhaps at a later date we can go further and see if we can do the fancy tricks that the Ascidians can do, but for now, stealth will have to do." He then looked to the trio and waited for their responses.

After being sat in his office, writing reports on past campaigns (his office was actually the table in front of the coffee machine with an In, Out and to be desposed of horrifically tray), Andy decided to go for a walk down the main corridor of the patton.

Whilst on his travels he passed Yorke on the way, who was just coming out of the engineering section.

"Hows the nephilm suits going? Can't wait to try one of those babys on" he asked

"Well" replied Yorke "we have 2 fully functional suits, but we can only use what we have, as we can't make any more, yet"

"damn" exclaimed the HWE "oh there is one more thing I wanted to discuss with you.... any room for a promotion around here?"

"Report, tomorrow. Yessir." Inward, Rallwell groaned. She had been hoping for a decent night's sleep, and she was sure the others were as well, but there was always something... "It'll be on your desk before lunch."

In her mind though, Rallwell had to tally up the hours required... She wrote reports fairly well, she thought, so hammering out the necessary paperwork should be relatively easy, maybe only two or three hours. She could get the others to check it over before she put it onto Yorke's desk... Plenty of time to do that and look at the medkit again...

Several minutes after leaving Brad Cyriacus on the Bridge.

Scott: A traitor... Should I even be surprised? Maybe. I've seen weirder things happen.

Joseph was walking down the Patton corridors. He was mostly wandering in the general direction of his quarters which he shared with Atzel. He took the long and indirect way so he'd have time to think about what Brad had told him. It was a bit sudden, but for some reason Scott wasn't very shocked. He saw a lot of tension in the platoon in general. The fights he used to have with Kacur, the feud between Xiggores and Goorit, and even some of the new guys defrosted from cryo seem to be a bit bumbling thus causing stress with the higher ups.

Scott: (Running through suspects in his head.) Alright... Let's start from the top. Commander Weindhoven... For a short period of time after I first came aboard the Patton he was separated from the platoon. During our captivity in that API... Uh... Prison facility... I saw neither hide nor hair of him until our escape. And when that happened, he seemed awfully knowledgable of the base. He even got lucky when he guessed where the squad's equipment was, even though it was in the most unlikely place of all...

Still, he's had such a persona since. He's also had more than enough time to screw us and the Ascadians in this war. If he was a traitor or Nephilim API in disguise, he would've acted a long time ago.

Scott stopped at the doorway to the Patton's crew quarters. Instead of entering though, he walked right on by to give himself an excuse to continue his list.

Scott: Brad Cyriacus? I don't think he'd tell me of his plan to betray the platoon. But being the one to point out such a thing would be an excellent defense. It could be to lead me off the track of the real deal. But what reason does he have? He's the best pilot on the Patton, the only equal close to him is Evander and she hasn't been doing much of anything for a long time. He could've driven the Patton into a sun a long time ago, would've saved him the trouble of going through channels with the aliens.

Martin Kacur... He's been unstable lately. But he's also loyal, I'll give him that. Would he betray us to the aliens? Is he even capable of sabotage? His psionics give him too much empathy of the people around him. He wouldn't betray us... He couldn't. It's practically against his morals.

Howardson is half dead. Would be a bit difficult for him to get up and strap that triangle on the Avenger.

Terra Fléche has admittedly held a grudge against us for killing her ex. Shinjo I think his name was... She even went nuts with a pistol at one time, knowingly putting the base in danger. But like Weindhoven, if her intention was to betray us to the aliens then she'd have done it already. She hasn't been participating in a lot of missions lately though... Heh, maybe because Jackson hasn't been around either. Thus a second medic would be redundant.

Scott smiled to himself. He suddenly realized he was now in the corridor approaching the onboard training area. He wasn't interested in that right now, so he turned back around and wandered back in the direction of his quarters.

Scott: Johnathan Goorit is a friggin' zapnut. Lost his arm and didn't shed a bloody tear. He'd be pretty susceptible to mind control, but it's likely that no amount of torture could break him, not even the emotional stress of being so far from home with little chance of returning. I don't know... He wouldn't betray us on his own free will, but he also isn't the brightest of men when it comes down to willpower. Maybe if he was being blackmailed...

Daniel Jackson... No. I-I'm just not going to even consider him. If the aliens wanted someone that could turn against us, they could surely do better than him.

Anrew Necro has been more active on duty lately. In fact this whole deal started right when he came off his vacation... But why? How? He's doesn't have a reason... But do you really need one? He doesn't have an alibi either. In fact, I recall him helping himself to the arms aboard the Avenger when we raided the Alien Hangar bay not too long ago. It's not evidence enough... But still...

Atzel Evander knows the ropes of the Avenger. She'd know the optimal place to put that thing with minimal chance of it being discovered. But... I've seen her nearly every day since she was defrosted. She surely couldn't have had the opportunity, let alone the intention, of doing anything to the Avenger.

Doctor Yorke is the most unlikely suspect here. He's got a depressing job here, he can't befriend anyone in this platoon without the strong risk that he'd be the one to package his or her body. But is the mere fact he's not friends with anyone really amount to anything? Maybe he'd rather we end it all now as quickly as possible, just to end the nightmare... It's logical in a sense, but not enough.

Scott's list was dwindling as he made it to the entrance to the crew quarters once again. This time he slowly walked through the door into the hallway connecting everyone's rooms.

Scott: Ki-Tat Chung is our head scientist. He hasn't attended a single mission in all my time here. As far as I know, he hasn't so much as seen a live alien, let alone had the gall to side with them. There hasn't been much trouble with the science department though. He would know how to build a device like that... Maybe... But would he know where to put it? I can't rule out that maybe we have more than one traitor. But he does know how the Avenger is built, he's made several additions to it personally.

Robert Paul, he's hell bent on justice though. Much like me. He won't even allow his side of the argument to win unless the truth is told. That kind of psychology leaves little room for betrayal, but I shouldn't rule him out because of that. Emotional stress of late could most certainly change that kind of thinking.

Scott stopped in front of his quarters. He slowly procured his pass card and looked down at it. He hesitated to open his quarters, half expecting that it might explode or something from even more sabotage.

Scott: Kevin Bradly... Nah, he doesn't seem bright enough for something like that.

Mordechay Hoz is a bit of an enigma. I can usually decipher a person's personality from my Police Psychology training, but he seems to be more of an obstructionist than anything else. He also doesn't have the necessary skills to strap a contraption like that to the Avenger.

Gael McBannok and Anne Rallwell are both Engineers that are more than capable of manufacturing such a device and latching it in the right place on the Avenger. There's also the damn dud grenades they've produced in the past. McBannok keeps to himself too much, maybe I should talk to him in the morning. Rallwell is clearly under as much stress as the rest of us but makes it more apparent than any of us. But she's too patriotic to do it... Right?

Christopher Xiggores shits his pants at the thought of dealing with the aliens. Could he be working with them out of fear? He's the only guy here that's even remotely on par with Ki-Tat's skills, so he knows his way all around the Avenger and could more than likely build something to jam the engines like that. But would he? His fear of them could also mean he'd never work with them, they even creep me out, think what impression they'd make on him!

Scott swiped his card into the access panel, opening the door to his quarters. Atzel was already inside, sleeping on the bottom bunk. It wasn't technically night time, the lights hadn't yet been dimmed or deactivated. But he was off duty and tired himself. He decided to interrogate the whole platoon tomorrow during their duty shifts, even the Commander...

>

CPL_Fleche - ::Fleche frowned as she dipped her spoon back into the vegetable soup. The ship was so depressing. There was nothing to do, just loaf, and nobody wanted to bother her. She had chatted up Rallwell and Evander a few times, but both were generally busy. Kacur had been in his own depression as well, which just amplified hers. Morbidly, she just wished everything would end.::

SGT_Scott - ::Walks into the Mess Hall with a friendly look on his face. He had already eaten but that was not why he was here. He saw Fleche alone at a table and decided this was as good a time as any. He sat down across from her at the same table and looked at her with a semi-serious expression:: Terra... How's the soup?

CPL_Fleche - ::Fleche looks up stonily at Scott... "Great, this is just going to make my frigging day," she thought to herself. "The last thing I need is this guy hounding me... I hope he goes away." Fleche decided this might not be a good thing to say though, so she looked back down at her soup and continued slurping.:: It's fine.

SGT_Scott - ::Scott exhaled deeply and looked to Fleche. She was obviously uncomfortable. Maybe because of Scott, maybe because of whatever's been up her ass from day one...:: Listen. You might've heard by now that Kacur has been out of action and I have been in command. I've noticed that you haven't been participating with a lot of missions lately. Would you mind telling me why?

CPL_Fleche - ::"Right down to business," she thought. Why was this guy so nosey?:: I heard about it, yeah, but I don't really care. I don't care about your lousy team, this lousy place, it's all garbage. I don't have a stake in it, I just don't care.

SGT_Scott - Well that much is obvious at least... I mean come on, such a perspective is critical for a squad medic now, isn't it?

CPL_Fleche - ::Fleche looked at Scott critically and sighed. Pushing her almost finished bowl of soup to the side, she leaned forward slightly.:: Not caring? Maybe. But if I don't care about you, why should I even bother healing you? I'm really regretting accepting a spot here, I really am. Are you done with your questions? ::Fleche stood up in preparation to leave.::

SGT_Scott - ::Scott stood up as well. Looking in Fleche's eyes with an air of hostility.:: So you've decided to betray your Kabron friends in the Pen? As I remember it, you're here for them. And if you don't even give a damn about them, it leaves me in a position as to whether I should give a damn about YOU! I have half a mind to throw you back in there, but because of your damn affair with the Lieutenant I'm afraid I might regret it!

CPL_Fleche - I'm not having an affair! And what would you know about betrayal! Betrayal is working with the enemy, why should I work with you? ::Fleche was shouting back now.:: I don't need your pathetic sympathy! ::Fleche was on the verge of crying, but she held it in... and hoped that Scott wouldn't notice.::

SGT_Scott - ::Scott held a firm and stern look with Fleche. He saw the tears being held in her multi-colored eyes. She apparently still blamed X-COM for killing Shinji.:: Then let me tell you something honey... We have a common enemy here. And let me tell you, the Kabrons have killed their share of X-COM as well. And you stand here to presume to tell ME that you're the victim!?

CPL_Fleche - X-Com is an organization of oppressors! You're holding the whole world in your goddamn grip, and we have every intention of freeing it! Goddamn, power-hungry, egotistical maniacs! Don't lecture me, I don't need to hear your propaganda. ::Fleche snarled at Scott, trying to get him to go away. X-Com was always full of believers... She hadn't thought Scott was one of them, and she had no idea what his angle could possibly be.::

SGT_Scott - And you fight back by murdering innocent people? Terra, I grew up in the most shining example of what your kind accomplishes. A big f**king mess. You can't seem to see the full picture here. X-COM is keeping humanity alive, and it's keeping US alive out HERE! An entire other species is even depending on us! What the f**k have the Kabrons done? A whole lotta nothing if you ask me. Even out here... What the hell would you do in our place? What the hell is freedom to you if you're not even gonna live through it!?

CPL_Fleche - ::Fleche's heart hardened and she snapped on him.:: I don't murder innocents! We needed supplies, we took them, and from X-Com as well! What good is living under your bloody conservative regime? X-Com is past its time now, holding onto a former glory, upholding what little validity the government has. What a waste! ::Fleche turned from Scott and started walking out of the mess hall. Couldn't Scott see he was perpetuating the cycle?::

SGT_Scott - You're all talk, you know that? ::Scott said in an intimidating manner. Standing in an upright posture he raised an eyebrow.:: You stand here and tell me how we're all tyrants, a lost cause, your enemy. But you don't know a damn thing about it do you? How short minded you are... You see something you don't like, but instead of solving with pertinance it you try to destroy it. I'm sorry, but barbarism is nowhere near as civilized as a dictatorship.

CPL_Fleche - ::Fleche looked back over her shoulder, anger in her eyes.:: That's all dependent on whom you talk to. We're fighting for real freedom from your tyranny. X-Com is just a group of contract killers now... Has X-Com even engaged a UFO in the past years? ::She had obviously discounted current actions:: Dennison is just selling out his troops to the highest bidder... protection, yeah right.

SGT_Scott - Look at me Fleche. What you see here is not a soldier of that regime. f**k, I even planned to leave X-COM after the Patton returned from Cydonia. Things are different here. And if you want to disregard the raw fact that this may be our only hope of saving the whole galaxy from the Aliens, Phasers, Nephilim, or whatever the hell else there might be out there, then run back to your Kabron den. Face your friends and tell them that it's more important to die fighting your only hope to survive than to get them back home. None of us can taste freedom out here, so no matter what the deal is back on Earth it's completely null here. So get your head straight, or cuddle up with Martin's dong when he's back on duty sister. I'm not going to give you second chances.

CPL_Fleche - ::Fleche faltered. Scott's comments were, in some respects, true, but not all.:: X-Com is corrupt now... As depressing as that is, it's truth Scott. And nothing we do here will make a difference. Have you noticed that five X-Com troopers have defected to the Ascidians - those traitors are already ditching you! It's dying Scott, you should have gotten out a long time ago. ::Fleche looked back at the door before looking at Scott acidly.::

SGT_Scott - ::Scott thought a moment before vaguely recalling a conversation with Ko some time ago. Some of it was wiped from his mind, but he could still remember some things:: No Fleche. They didn't defect. The Ascadians are our allies... As we are to you right now. They are in the exact same boat as us. Don't you remember when the two of us saved those Ascadians in the village? Perhaps when the Phasers annihilated nearly all of the collaborating brass at NAO? They are making sacrifices for us. And we are for them. If you really knew what justice was, then you'd understand that.

CPL_Fleche - ::Fleche almost felt like laughing now... Did Scott really believe that?:: X-Com has been sucking up to the Ascidians for months now, doing all of their dirty work. This so-called Kappa Team is just another way to gain their favour, ensuring your pathetic survival. What good is it to be alive but slaves to the Ascidians? ::Fleche shook her head.:: We've got no stake here, Scott, why do you even care?

SGT_Scott - Because I at least have some remote semblance of intelligence! You've seen the Ascadians sacrifice themselves for your safety before. Besides, we haven't done much of anything in this war they couldn't have. So what good would we be as slaves, huh?

CPL_Fleche - Intelligence? You follow them like lemmings, how is that intelligent? And I've paid back sufficiently, thank you very much, that I don't need to feel indebted to them. Working with you people is sickening, at best. ::Fleche looked towards the door again.:: Are you done wasting my time?

SGT_Scott - No. You're done wasting our time. I'm suspending you from the squad and confining you to the Kabron Pens. When you smarten up and learn about the gravity of the situation maybe I'll give your record a review. Until then, you'll have to wait for Kacur to get his ass in gear again. Unless you feel like smartening up now... I won't give you a second chance.

CPL_Fleche - ::Fleche's emotions warred within her... Scott could recommend anything, but his control was ultimately over Alpha Squad in itself... She could afford to lose that.:: Fine, whatever. You may think you can cut me out of the loop, but you're wrong. Now stay away from me, unless you have real business with me, I don't want to talk to you. ::Fleche stomped out of the mess hall.::

SGT_Scott - ::Scott stroked his head as Fleche left. Obviously his points were making her irrational, without points to fight back with.:: Do what you want Terra. I won't stop you. But think more about what's happening here and now, than what's happened out there and then. ::Scott looked over at Fleches empty soup bowl on the table. Keeping things clean, he picked it up and deposited it in a mobile tray.:: *Thinks* She's too direct. If she were the one I was looking for, she'd have at least tried to hide her potential...

Necro, who had been heading to the mess hall after Yorke had cut short his chat about promotions due to an emergency on the bridge. Heard the commotion between Scott and Fleche. He stood at the door listening, and once everything had calmed down he walked in.

Scott turned round to see who was approaching.

Necro: "You know she has a point, The Kabrons where only trying to do what we are doing now, fighting for survival. But I agree with you, regardless what X-Com has done in the past, and I should know, I used to be posted as part of the internal investigations. We're on our own out here and its either us or them. Grudges have to be put aside for the common good."

Scott looked shocked

Scott: You where part of the II?

Necro: Yeah, I wa posted here to see if there was any mutany in the ranks, but somehow the postings god 'mixed' and I ended up in cryo. When I was thawed and found out what was going on, there didn't seem much point to continue the investigation. Although I do like to keep my eye out on whats going on. I've got too many friends here now, Jacko, Yorke... and I've lost too many aswell. I could never sell out these people if we got home, it would be like going to the enemy.

Scott: yeah I know what you mean, but someone is...

Necro: What do you mean?

<<scott if you want to continue>>

Scott: Necro... It's nothing.

Scott was a little too worked up with Fléche to bother with Necro right now. But now was as good a time as ever.

Scott: Wait... Why was there a mutiny suspected on the Patton? Did they happen to have doubts of anyone here? Someone with such an old score would have surfaced by now... Unless it's one of the new recruits...

Yulinis VI, July 22

Alien craft cleanup

Calvin watched as the Ascadian cleanup crew removed all the bodies and began stripping the alien craft. The thoughts were flying through his head faster than they ever had before.

Ko and Dmitri were running their fingers around this newly discovered cylinder device, Stone and Ong were inside the craft taking out all alien arms. Calvin was kneeling over the body of one of the ethereals,looking deep into its dark,dead eyes...the feelings of fear,frustration,and anger collapsing on him all at once...

"what is it you guys are after?" he thought, "you chase a dream of domination...do you even dream?...you're a genetically engineered brain weapon...do you even know what the hell you're after?"

He hears footsteps come close and turns his half way around to see Kin'jih'ma standing over him...

"Yeah,they look good when they're dead,don't they?" he asked in Ascadian.

Cal did'nt reply...though he understood,he still had some trouble speaking the language...but he was'nt admiring the death of this entity.

"So what do you admire the most about it?" Kin'jih'ma asked while kneeling next to Calvin, "the shrapnel in his neck...or in his chest?

"What is it about gore that you admire the most and why? Calvin asked in sluggish Ascadian, "why do you guys always have to look at things on the outside?...You DO know that this being right here can end your life in a matter of seconds without a weapon right?"

"HAH!!!...you humans always use too many emotions when it comes to battle, it's what would get people like you to think twice before you pull the trigger. We on the other hand happen to destroy before we think...it's what keeps us alive.

We're not gonna stand with a weapon pointed at eachother and wait while one of us tries to guess what kind of being we are or our age...a second can mean the difference between life and death."

"You see?!?!...it's that lack of thinking that makes you so weak...you may look big and battle hardened...but you're weak minded...i can read you right now like i can read a book.I think that if you guys continue to hide your heads like you do now,it could mean a bad result for all ascadians...you guys need to use your brains a little bit more instead of just always using your physical strength." Calvin replied.

"Well you know what i think?" Kin'jih'ma said, "I think that you think too much." he finished as he stood up and walked away.

Calvin could sense that he was'nt very happy with the conversation...he could see that he was still angry at the fact that in reality,even the smallest things can be stronger...and looking at an Ascadian,who looks like he could take on ten men at once because of his massive bulk,but to realize that he could encounter a small entity who psionicly tells him to blow his brains out just for fun...and then you watch him do it because he's just THAT weak inside.

"When will you gits start using your heads more?" Cal thought to himself..."Hell...in some ways we're not so different...but in some ways,we're way too different...i wonder what keeps us together." Cal thought as he continued to look into the eyes of the ethereal.

<<it's been a while since i last RP on this thread>>

Yulinis VI - Alien Craft Crashsite, 22 July 2067

Ko turned the cylinder over again in his hands... It wasn't much of a cylinder now, as the grenade blast had all but destroyed it, but information might still be obtainable. Speculation was pointless though. He exchanged a few words with Ghost, then handed the cylinder over to be transported back to base.

The Battleship was quite a mess, he thought absent mindedly. The Battleship had come down relatively lightly; the bottom two floors were not quite squashed together. The top floor had seen little damage comparitively, but the ship's condition was the least of the alien crew's worries. Ko was surprised there were even survivors.

Ko took a quick walk towards the ship. The other Kappa Team members were outside already, and the prisoners were stowed and ready to be shipped. They needed to get going so the cleanup team could do their jobs.

As Ko was riding up to the command deck, he almost collided with Kin'jih'ma who was going the other way. "Have you seen Private Chavez?"

Kin'jih'ma snorted. "Chavez is examining corpses upstairs... I have no idea why. He's mumbling something about my weak mind. The fool."

"Oh?" Ko didn't need psionic sensitivity to figure out what was going on.

"Indeed. He gave me a rather sad view of combat tactics and what was wrong with me. You should watch him, he is... unreliable. He thinks we have not faced the threat before, but we have. It is not new to us, and we face the fear everytime we fight... But face it we must, for the only other choice is to sit and die."

Idly, Ko thought that this was rather philosophical for Kin'jih'ma, and he didn't want to push him. "Remember that Chavez is a psionisist; it is his main combat speciality. Like all soldiers, it is easy to become enamoured in your world, to believe your skills are what matters, because you are important... This is what it is to be human, and, I suspect, Ascidian as well."

Kin'jih'ma glared at Ko momentarily, but grunted his assent. "Perhaps you are right, but each of us fights to the talents we have. What other way is there?"

"Examine the unusualness of your doctrine. Chavez points to but one instance where things may improve. Maybe you are not capable, I do not know, but the option exists for you, one day..." Ko shook his head briefly. It was unlikely, that much was certain. "Head down to the staging area, we will leave soon." Ko continued up the lift as Kin'jih'ma descended.

The top floor of the Battleship was eerily quiet. If Chavez was up here, he was quiet. Unholstering his pistol, he flicked it to automatic but held it easily in his hand. "No point being unarmed," thought Ko dispassionately.

Chavez's behaviour was somewhat typical for a psionisist. Every psionisist in X-Com had the same views on combat. Ko felt that while caution was to be taken, Ethereals only presented as much danger as they were allowed by their aggressors. Keeping them on the defensive, panicking them, or otherwise distracting them was not difficult usually, and the time it took take a mind after that was not inconsiderable.

Unlike other psionisists though, Chavez's views didn't seem to stem from arrogance or brashness. Most psionists tended on considering themselves special above and beyond the standard X-Com trooper, but Chavez was very down to earth. He seemed to have genuine worries about the whole issue... nothing about Sectoids though, just Ethereals.

Turning the corner quietly, he saw Chavez kneeling over one of the fallen Ethereals. He looked to be lost in thought. Ko wondered what crossed Chavez's mind... Chavez was much Ko's senior in age, though perhaps not in experience. Dedicated, honest, reliable... except when it came to Ethereals. He hadn't cracked yet, but the possibility could not be discounted. Psionically sensitive himself, Ko knew that what he felt was probably nothing in comparison.

Ko gave the bulkhead a knock to signify his arrival. "Chavez, are you alright? The team is ready to go."

Yulinis VI - Alien Craft Crashsite, 22 July 2067

Dmitri looked at the few surviving aliens as they were put in the transport and taken away.

"To think that once I considered these.. creatures... as possible saviors of the human race... I guess I really was quite naive at the time. And it cost me dearly," he thought to himself. Then a faint grin formed on his lips. "Hopefully our interrogations will reveal something more about their plans and whereabouts."

As the last of the aliens was loaded into the transport, the hatch closed and it took off. Ghost looked at it, flying away, and then turned around towards their own shuttle, where Kaitlin was already discussing the take-off with the Ascidian pilot. Hopefully Ko and Chavez wouldn't be too long in that UFO, Ghost didn't really feel like staying on this planet much longer.

UGS Patton - Bridge, 2 August 2067

Colonel Brad Cyriacus was sitting in the pilot's chair, looking at the screens of the Ascidian flight system that was installed when they restored the almost destroyed Patton. He felt at ease here, a place to think. It felt like he belonged in this seat, yet it had been a while since he had been actively piloting. Sure he had flown the Patton most of the time, but the Patton had become more of a home-base rather than a combat craft. This was of course a good thing, as it wasnt built to be a fighting vessel, yet he longed to feel the suspense and thrill of a larger scale space battle again. There were more serious problems at hand at the moment though. The aliens hadnt been beaten by far yet, however it seemed there was a threat among their own men as well now. Something like this Cyriacus hadn't really considered possible, as the aliens don't really make allies, for as far as he remembered. However the Black Spear's existence proved that this was not entirely true anymore. Apparently these aliens were somewhat different from the original aliens on Earth. Cyriacus wondered what the traitor or traitors thought they could gain from this alliance though. Everyone had experienced the Aliens either directly or through the X-Com military training back on Earth.

Cyriacus had gone through the personnel records of all the currently defrosted personnel, and had come up with no definite answers. He knew of the previous Cult of Sirius affiliations of Ghost and Rallwell, although both of them kept it very secret, and neither of them parted with the Cult on very good terms. In Ghost's case it was even bad terms as he had fought what seemed to be a miniature crusade against them back on Earth. Also, Dmitri wasn't even on the Patton, nor near it, and Rallwell had never really been that much part of the Cult according to her records.

Further he had found several things on a large variety of things on several people, however most of these were trivial at best. And then there were the Kabron pirates. He didnt have any record on most of these, and what he did have on records was usually just a criminal record, not much to go on really. The traitor remained to be a riddle that required solving. Hopefully Scott could get some more leads from his 'interviews'.

~UGS Patton, Alien Containment Section, 3 August 2067~

Yorke tapped in his key code that locked the alien containment cells down and held the assortment of aliens that they had had in containment for a while now, and the new aliens that they had captured during the mission. The aliens would no doubt find there new surroundings restrictive in ever sense, the Sectiods were locked into individual cells that had been specially designed for the containment of psionically capable beings, while the Snakemen were secured to a wall, that had been modified to hold a snakemen. The snakemen were completely restrained, and they had regular injections of a toxin that would attack the egg sac and destroy any eggs that were in the Snakemans egg sac, the toxin though wasn't strong enough to endanger the life of the Snakeman, just destroy it's means of reproduction, or at least keep it at bay.

Most of the soliders in the team avioded this part of the ship, and it's sister facility back on NAO, they often would call it the Freakshow house, the Frankenstien rooms or anything else that they could think of. Yorke watching as the light above the main containment room turned red smiled inwardly, these aliens wern't going anywhere, and if they did manage to escape or containment had been compromised, a lethal nerve and bio toxin gas would be released, killing the aliens in seconds, and by venting the atmosphere into space, they could disperse the deadly concotion in minutes and replace it with a fresh atmosphere allowing for soliders to enter the room and mop up. And if that wasn't enough, two chain guns positioned on the other side of the main containment door would rip to pieces any escapee's. So far the system hadn't been used once, expect in simulations, and that was back on earth.

Yorke turned and strode away from the containment section, he made his way to the lift, entered it, and then went up to the deck that contained the medical bay. He soon found himself in the medical bay, the room was empty, so Yorke entered his office and sat down, he pulled out the files on Fleche, he'd heard all of the gossip and hearsay on the mission, and he decided that he'd have to make a point of visiting her, and check on how she's feeling and offer some support, he liked her, she was hard working and at times hard to work with, but then you had to take the good with the bad and just live with it. Yorke also would have to make a point of seeing Scott, things were getting pretty tense what with all of the...rumours and gossip, that and he'd have to chat with Scott about this attitude to Fleche, but he'd do that after he'd had a chat with her.

The final thing that was on Yorke's mind was what had actually happened on the mission. Ryan, one of the medics had disagreed with Yorke over the handling over the Sectiods in Engineering. They had cleared the room, disabling the Sectiods without killing them but due to a complication they couldn't complete their objective, and as Chung had been injuried they'd only be able to carry three sectiods with them. So Yorke put a 10mm hole in the head of the forth Sectiod, and moved on, but Ryan felt that killing an unarmed and unconsious sectiod, was cold and coldblooded. "Kid's what do they know." Muttered Yorke under his breath.

Yes, he'd taken an oath to preserve life when he became a medical doctor, but out here and against the aliens - things were different, the rules wern't the same, and if you were going to survive, you'd have to be as ruthless as the enemy were and that meant doing things that no one should be proud of, let alone do, but it was done, he'd left an offer for Ryan to come and discuss the event and get things in the open, so Yorke was now waiting to see if the private would, but for now he'd finish up Chung's injury report, then he'd visit Fleche and offer her some support, cause he felt that she'd need it, and it would help clear his conscience. "Bloody kids." Was the last thing he muttered before he knuckled down to work on Chung's injury report.

Just prior to the most recent mission, mentioned by Pickers just now:

Before Necro could respond, Scott's comm beeped. Joseph tapped the comm button on his collar.

Scott: Sergeant Scott, go ahead.

Weindhoven: (Over the comm) Scott, this is the Commander. I need you to report to the briefing room immediatly.

Scott: Uh... Sure thing. Scott out.

As Joseph released his comm, he placed one hand on Necro's shoulder and spoke to him calmly.

Scott: Sorry man, I've got a mission to do. We can talk later.

And Joseph left the Mess Hall. Leaving Necro all alone by himself...

(And so finishes the roleplays prior to the last mission.)

<<Sorry dude. I've got to fit in a bunch of sim interviews this week, and I can't wait for a few days for a response from you. Send me a PM if you're really interested in participating in them. :blush:>>