XCAS Roleplay

Mouse Nightshirt

As Scott was moving down the corridor he did not notice the fact that the lights had suddenly gone out, and when he made it to the med-bay he bumped into Dr. Yorke as he stepped out momentarily. Some of the blood on Scott's hand rubbed off on the Doc's chest and Scott jumped back in a mixture of surprise and frustration.

Scott: (Gripping his wrist) Argh... Heya doc, I had a little accident in the washroom today...

Scott forced a fake smile, not exactly in a happy mood at the moment.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(That night, before the sim of Sunday 31st...)

Jonathan woke up in the middle of the night, gasping and sweating, from a nightmare. A few seconds later, he heard a strange noise coming from the bed above him, so he quickly grabbed his handgun under his pillow and slowly moved away from his bed to check out the odd sound. Fortunately, it was only Howardson's snore, so Jon felt relieved.

He immediately left his room and went to Fléche's and started knocking the door. Nothing could be heard from the inside, so Goorit began knocking harder, almost slamming. Several seconds after this, Terra opened the door and looked angrily at Jonathan.

Her face, lighted by the red emergency lights, was indeed living and healthy, though clearly the expression on it was displeasure.

- "Goorit, what do you want?" She asked in a rather rude way.

However, by the time she finished the sentence, the private had already disappeared in the darkness.

- "Weird guy..." Fléche said to herself as she closed her quarter's door.

<<For details on the nightmare Shadow experienced, the unofficial sim on Saturday 30th, just ask me for the log, please.>>

Terra walked back towards her bed and crawled back in. She didn't know what to make of what just happened but frankly she didn't care right now. It was a bit too late for caring. Or rather, a bit too early. Actually she didn't know for sure, all she knew was that she was still dead tired.

She tightened the blanket around her body. It seemed like a cold draft got into her room when she opened it. "Blasted greenhorns."

With the mess hall lit only by the emergency lights, it didn't seem to be as prime a meeting place as it usually was... deserted.

Rallwell shrugged. The Ascidian repair team was going to be here at some point... hopefully. It wasn't exactly in her field of expertise, but Rallwell decided to go take a look at the reactors anyway.

She decided though to swing by the medbay before that, to see if Yorke needed help with anything. She saw Yorke and Scott by the medbay entrance.

"Hey guys, what's going on... Joey, what the hell did you do to yourself?"

Scott: (Giving Rallwell the "evil eye") Well that's none of your damn bu...

Scott stopped himself mid-sentence. It took some willpower but he managed to put his frustration with Kacur's stupidity under enough control as to not blow up in Rallwell and Yorke's faces.

Scott: I... Er... Fell into the mirror in the washroom...

Yorke and Rallwell obviously didn't believe him, but Scott was in no mood to explain himself and forced his way into the med-bay right past York...

<<Should we fast forward this now? This particular setting feels too old somehow. :blush:>>

<<Alrighty, here's a setting to keep things lively here.>>

The X-COM team returned from their failed mining mission aboard the Ascadian E'Colus starship. Inside Xiggores was laid on a stretcher, watched after by Yorke and Fléche. The rest of the team sat calmly in a mixture of outrage at Xiggore's incompetance and frustration as to the failure of the mission. It was now known that insufficient intelligence was gathered, especially due to the long term and almost irrelevant mission the Commander had just commissioned.

The E'Colus soon landed in the hangar of NAO right next to the X-COM Avenger by a few meters, Xiggores was rushed out by Yorke with the help of Fléche to the med-bay. The rest of the team stumbled out all depressed, although Shadow and Stax mostly mumbled on how much a wuss Xiggores was...

Evander and Scott emerged from the lowered ramp of the nearby Avenger after going through some routine flight and maintenance excercises while the team was away. Scott, his hand bandaged from the mirror wound last week, seemed almost amused while Evander clearly showed a little worry as to what happened.

Xiggores: (His foot still severed) Oh god... I-I can't feel my leg now! I think I'm going to be paralyzed!!!

Fléche: Oh really? Let's see... (Reaches over and grabs a pressure point in Xiggores' wouned foreleg)

Xiggores: AWWWAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!

Fléche: Nope, you're fine. C'mon, Doc, let's shake a 'leg'!

As Fléche and Yorke ran through security to the med-bay, Scott approached Weindhoven. Clearly the Corporal was a little amused by the results of the mission.

Scott: Well... I guess the little guy couldn't take a simple mining job eh? Heh, tell me again why you decided to send trained soldiers on a mineral extraction mission instead of something along the lines of capturing an API munitions depot or something?

Weindhoven turned to Scott, clearly angry with the brash Corporal's crude remark.

Weindhoven: Scott, you shut the hell up right now. I'm just about this close to doing what Kacur nearly done and throw you back in cryo! You better shape your ass up, don't even do so much as talk out of turn again! Or you'll be back in Private stripes in no time, is that clear?

Scott: *Sigh* Yes sir. But you've gotta admit it was pretty stupid to go on a "mining" mission of all things... Jeez, does anyone here even have experience in geology?

Weindhovern: That's it! Get out of my face Corporal! I'll deal with you later when I'm in the mood, but right now I have more important things to do than deal with your bullshit!

Scott turned back to the Avenger and walked over to talk with Evander. The rest of the team was watching the short argument, but immediatly proceeded to the washrooms as soon as the Commander turned back around. There was some tension in the air, between the embarrassing failure of the mission and some complaints about the new scientist on the team, things for the next few days were not going to be easy.

Rallwell frowned at the results of the last mission. Some form of mining mission... Too bad it was a failure.

The most recent update from Kappa Team contained both their struggle with the discrimination they were facing... Apparently Kevin had solved it... Rallwell shook her head. Typical solution, and one she didn't want to think about at this moment.

Information had been sparse lately. Most of the API and BS facilities run by the fools had been hit already, and both organizations were getting cautious. Early victories were now being replaced by the 'unimportant' work of keeping things running properly. Nobody took it seriously though. The power outage of two weeks ago was not likely to be the first thing to fall apart.

Kappa Team was running into quite a few roadblocks. The API on Ascidia were not likely to be exposing themselves too often to abuse from outside forces... not until they were ready. Rallwell sighed and got up to go to the mess hall. Hopefully something would improve.

Yorke and Fleche soon both arrived in the medical labs, they set Xig's down on the operating table. Xiggores was still yelling in pain and complaining about the fact that he was in pain. Yorke looked over to Fleche who nodded back and grabbed the sedation unit, and placed the mask over Xiggores' mouth and within a few moments Xiggores was asleep.

Silence.

Yorke shook his head and looked over to Fleche. "So how's your leg?"

<<Fleche>>

After her response he asked another question. "More importantly how are you?"

Terra grimaced at the mentioned of her leg instead of Xiggores', but she quickly shrugged it away quickly. "It's doing a lot better than his," She answered. "I'll take a look at it after we're done with him."

"More importantly, how are you?" Yorke added.

She paused for a moment and remained silent as she continued to examine Xiggores' torn apart ankle. She looked up from the bloody stump for a moment to look at Yorke. An image of Shinji replaced him for a split second but she quickly reminded herself, he's not Shinji.

"I'm fine," She said and turned back to the leg, reaching for a nearby medical cloth and started to clean away some of the blood off the stump. "A little tired, but it's nothing I'll manage."

"Good." Was Yorke's only reply. He observed as she started to clean up the stump in preparation for surgery where his foot would be reattached to his leg. He'd have to wear a special medi pack that would be attached to his leg and would assist in accelerating the regrowth and regeneration of the muscular, neural and tendons. Their would be scarring, and the part where the foot and the leg were once attached too would require major reconstructive surgery on the bones as well as Feronium rods would have to be inserted around the bones to provide the extra support that would be needed. So all in all he'd have trouble walking for the next several weeks, but the part where the Feronium rods were supporting his leg/foot would be much more stronger and wouldn't break, unlike his real bones. However they could in theory be bent, but the forces required to do that would probably kill Xiggores.

Yorke went over to where the medi pack which contained Xiggores foot was, he opened it and looked inside, the foot was doing fine, but he'd have to remove the shoe first, before he could do anything else. So he went over to the taps and washed his hands, then he put on his operation kit and washed again. This was going to be a long night. "So Terra, you ever had the pleasure of reattaching someone's foot before?"

Terra finished cleaning away most of the blood from the stump. "Nope," she answered plainly. "And I'm not exactly thrilled about the idea."

She took a step back from the table and Yorke, giving him all the room he'll need. "If anything," She added. "It's probably best that I just stay back and observe."

Jonathan slowly walked away from the E'Colus, rather happy for having a good ol' shootout instead of frustrated for failing to accomplish the mission, and thinking mainly on Xiggy's incompetence. He sure would've beaten him up real hard if it wasn't for the fact that he, merely luckily, saved Weindhoven's life.

- "That bastard was nothing more than a drag during the mission, just a wimpy scientist sent right into battle, surely by the very same dork that kept my sniper rifle and grenades away from me." He muttered to himself, rather angrily.

Then he looked at Fleché, who was carrying Xiggy along with Sgt. Yorke to the Medical bay. He stopped walking for several seconds, still looking at her, but then resumed his way to his quarters. He'd hopefully get a good night sleep, because he was tired due to the excellent (the best in many years) action that took place on the mission.

The transport arrived back at NAO after the mission at Ascidia. Inside the crew was talking quietly and began getting out of their seats when it landed, most of them were still a little shaken from the intense combat. Bradly shifted his body so he could get out of his seat without banging his arm on something, he was the last to exit and as Yorke said headed directly to to Medical bay. When he arrived he noticed Yorke was already there working on something. Bradly walked over near where he was, the doc began speaking without even looking up at him.

Yorke: "Yes what is it? what do you want?"

Bradly: "Hey doc, you wanted me to come here after the mission remember?"

<<NOTE: This thread is getting locked soon, please resume roleplay in the XCAS Roleplay 2 thread (which will be made sticky soon I'm sure). This message is relayed on behalf of DH. Sorry Snake_eye, but I fear your post is not entirely in the setting of the current situation, but you could of course modify it to fit in the current scenario and post it again in the new roleplay thread :blush:>>