Welcome to XCAS!

DragonHawk

Whoo hoo! It's 00:29 here in the Eastern Time Zone, and I've got the first post to the brand spanking new XCAS forum! Welcome!

Some general info for you all:

Master of XCAS and Moderator of this forum: Mouse Nightshirt

Old forum: pub51.ezboard.com/bthexcomalliancesim

Remember XCASers, give thanks to Pete in this thread! :blink:

• 1 month later...

Okay DH. Let me turn this thing into a more productive route for our new recruits: :)

"Allright you maggots! LISTEN UP!!! The Scientist position means that you are still a SOLDIER! It does not represent you as a civilian low-life maggot! NOW REPORT FOR DUTY, SOLDIERS!!!" :):blink::)

Clear enough? :)

SIR, YES Si... hey wait a minute... I am your superior, no need for me to do this :blink: Nor am I a scientist so why am I even listening?

Scientists are soldiers though aye. We've all been trained by X-Com, so we all know how to handle our weapons, even if some may have their main expertise elswhere (or some don't have any expertise whatsoever :))

<<AH well, since I have just killed three of our members off in my story, I might as well plan for the future. So I've decided to take a bit of initiative again and explain the whole deal once more.>>

EVERYONE that is reading this and is not yet a member of XCAS. There are currently 3 free (rhymes doesn't it :blink: ) positions within our unit. In case any of you are wondering, the fee for joining is ZERO. There are however two positions where we currently lack personnel and would like you very much to apply:

-Medics

-Scientists

You may also apply for Psionisist, Trooper a secondary Sniper or a secondary Scout, but we could also do without more of these. For furher information about ANYTHING, check the tabs starting from "What's a Sim?" all the way to the tab of "Joining" (but feel free to check the others as well).

So please, join in not for just our sake, but also for your imagination's sake. :)

Heh. In addition to the above, I'd like to see more dedicated troopers, with the scout or medic secondary. As Loonie mentioned, another primary medic would be useful as well.

Scientists aren't hugely necessary, in sim. Maybe this would be a good position to take if you couldn't make it to the sim very often, say once every two weeks.

Snipers, we don't need more, really. The sniper application is too limiting, so stay away from that. :blink:

So yeah, join. :)