TFTD on superhuman without saves

szindrom

Is it just me or do you come accross as nagging a lot? ^_^

He's trying to be helpful, this will embed the video and allow us to watch it here.

The only issue I have with it is that I watched this youtube video on openXcom and it had this zoomed out graphics setting..

You can adjust the zoom. I have it far out because I like to play that way, but it's possible to have it at the original level.

Though currently I don't know how to do a voice over, I think googling will yield the means ^_^

If you run it through Windows Movie Maker you can "add narration"

In relation to OpenXcom, you can also vary the level of the battlescape zoom to original or 1.5x / 2x original. I understand what you are saying about atmosphere, I personally play on 1.5x original view space as it gives a nice amount of view, but still retains the claustrophobic atmosphere that I enjoy in TFTD. You also have remappable key bindings to all actions in the battlescape with OpenXcom, I have view movement mapped to WASD, tab to switch soldiers 1,2,3 centers on spotted aliens, spave to end turn etc. e to use weapon, and once you become proficient with these changes, I find you can significantly increase the speed with which you conduct the battlescape scenarios.

Add one vote to Maurice76's idea, it might be worth doing a voice over separate to the video clip if you are concerned about how you are conducting your commentry while playing the game and it is impacting your decision making. I can identify with your thought patterns when it comes to gaming and conversing with team members or doing recording. I am an introverted individual so I analyse myself regularly but doing this while gaming does give you less mental focus on the actions you take. I'd say try the post recording method (that might also fix voice volume vs game volume) and that the more you practice the easier it will become I have found.

The idea of raiding the first stage of the colony for supplies makes more sense and it is actually a good tactic with high risk vs high reward doing it in the early stages of the game. It'd be cool to see another attempt based on what you've learned soo far and with your focus on the game and then add voice over secondary.

I'm currently playing TFTD on OpenXcom on Genuis but I'm now inspired to do a Superhuman Ironman play through next.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the SH/Ironman campaign.. I was meticulously recording each mission and intermission into separate clips until about 50-60 clips and then I got sloppy and got the recordings all over the place, and didn't bother finishing all the missions, let a bunch of UFOs go at several points. In fact when the game finished the aliens had 7 colonies. In retrospect the game felt a lot easier, although there were several blunders along the way... Also encountered a weird bug in the final mission, I had 5 units stunned on the 2nd level, but when I carried them onto the exit, the 3rd level started with aquanauts disappearing, with the exception of their icon displaying in the "equipped" slots of those other aquanauts that were carrying then.

... However I got another idea which is probably pretty easy to try out: Record a gameplay from a dreadnought with e.g. aquatoids, then try to complete the mission with the minimum number of turns. I'm guessing though it's just gonna end being a bunch of aquanauts maxed out with DPLs.. Still it could be interesting to see the fastest completion (in turns) of a dreadnought. What do you think? ^_^

• 8 months later...
Stunned aquanauts going missing between multi-stage levels is a known bug. TFTDExtender and XComUtil both make some attempt to fix this (though XComUtil might actually be a cause of it iirc?)